Alarm problems 1997 jetta gls

smirish10
10-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to permanently disable my alarm system on my 1997 jetta gls manual. I know that people have many posts about this problem. Could someone please post DETAILED instructions on how to disable the alarm.

I have always had porblems with my alarm and just want it disabled so I don't have to deal with it anymore, it's not worth it. I also recently had my locks changed on both my driver and passenger side. I'm pretty sure that there is a faulty connection on my drive side considering that the alarm doesn't disengage on that side (the red light is on). What is strange is that my alarm would be engaged while I was driving my car, but now it won't even start.

Please don't post that I should turn the key in the door, disconnect the battery, or anything like that because I have obviously already tried that. I am pretty positive that their is a short is in my driver side door.

Could someone post detailed instructions on HOW TO PERMANENTLY DISABLE MY ALARM/ANT-THEFT SYSTEM. Thanks.

veedubmechanic
10-24-2006, 01:31 PM
before you try that pull back the rubber boot on the door hinge and check the wiring harness for fraying or breaks its extreemly common.

smirish10
10-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah, like I suspected, there was a broken wire in my driver side door. Actually a couple of cracked and broken wires. Patched them up, but I still would like to know how to disable my alarm. Thanks.

jettaprobs
10-26-2006, 03:39 PM
SMirish10
the alarm connections are above the fuse panel under the steering wheel, remove the knee panel and release the fuse console, there are clips on either side. now you have to get on the floor and look way up. there are 3 connectors towards the door up by the steering column you need to disconect the 6 pin and the 10 pin connector. on the 6 pin connector you need to splice the # 5 and #6 together for the starter to work. first try it with a jumper before you cut any wires. The only problem that I have found since I did this to mine is that you loose the power locks. hopefully someone reads this can help both you and I out. any probs let me know maybe I will beable to help or maybe I won't .:grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!