Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SRS light

97GSTspyder
10-19-2006, 11:15 PM
A while ago i swapped steering wheels from my spyder to my hardtop because the spyder's wheel was leather...Well earlier today i decided to swap them again, got tired of the leather steering wheel...Anyway when i got everything back together, and started the car, the SRS light stays on and won't go off. All i did was a simple swap. Didn't touch the clockspring or anything. I tried resetting the computer multiple times with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

SpyderGuy97
10-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Its picking up a fault somewhere, head the the stealership to get the code checked.

eclipsed at 3am
10-20-2006, 11:46 AM
i thought you meant street racing sydicate (SRS). the srs is the airbag right? make sure the harnesses are secure

TeamRedLine23
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
do you think it caused the obd2 to throw a code? a kid at school is having the same problem.

eclipsed at 3am
10-20-2006, 03:22 PM
it threw a cel? or did it light up the "SRS" indicator?

97GSTspyder
10-20-2006, 06:41 PM
no it threw the SRS indicator, no CEL...i made sure 3 times that all connections were secure...i even tried the airbag module from the spyder (the center section of the steering wheel) and it still throws the SRS light. i looked at all the wires, none are fried. like i said i've done this once before with no SRS light, and now all of a sudden i do the steering wheel swap again and it throws the light...maybe a faulty clockspring?

Add your comment to this topic!