Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I dont think... is this normal?

TheSilentChamber
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I was changing the oil in the delsol, and there was a pink dot on the end of the drain plug. I'm not sure if this is suposed to be there, I mean.. I dont like aftermarket parts, they make me feel cheep and used. Should I go to the honda dealership and have them order me a new plug?

94SolGrl
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
get a spoon magnetic one.. that way any metal bits that may be in your oil get stuck to the drain plug, which reduces scratching cylinders/head components, which in turn helps your motor run longer.

AudioGuy93DelSol
10-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I was changing the oil in the delsol, and there was a pink dot on the end of the drain plug. I'm not sure if this is suposed to be there, I mean.. I dont like aftermarket parts, they make me feel cheep and used. Should I go to the honda dealership and have them order me a new plug?

Oh snap! That's a known factory recall. The plugs with the pink dots have been reported to vaporize while driving. Those plugs were acutally outsourced to an SSAutoChrome sub-company: SSAutoPlug. You're also going to want to replace your rod bolts as they were also manufactured by the same company. Hurry to the dealership and get genuine Honda parts quick! This only occured on the 1994 3/32 del sol's, which you must have, so you should check the serial number on your A/C compressor. If it starts with any letter or number, you need to replace your engine block because the radioactive material the compressor was made out of has now contaminated your block. Oh, and quit whoring my section. :thefinger :thefinger

TheSilentChamber
10-20-2006, 01:45 AM
get a spoon magnetic one.. that way any metal bits that may be in your oil get stuck to the drain plug, which reduces scratching cylinders/head components, which in turn helps your motor run longer.

Yeah, those are proven to be about as effective as Tornados and Fuel magnets.

Matt... whore your section .... NEVA!

TheSilentChamber
10-20-2006, 01:49 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/Guitarxfreak1/kickasscopy1.jpg .... dont even try to hide where the picture if from, classy.

94SolGrl
10-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Hmmmm.... to ban you both for a few days, or not..... that is the question.

Consider yourselves warned... she who giveth power can taketh it back. Then I would be like.. the honda all mighty being or something....

and actually the magnetic drain plugs DO help.

94SolGrl
10-20-2006, 02:18 AM
oh yeah... in AFTER the lock

Add your comment to this topic!