Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any good tires for the Z?

2broke
09-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Does anybody know what are good tires to put on a 300zx for rainy conditions. Who would think Vegas would have rain but it did. I ended up making a right turn at corner going like 20mph and my car fishtailed on me. Anyone know what tires are good to prevent this?
:licker:

wingsofwar
09-07-2002, 12:22 PM
i would tell you to get seasonal tires and get higher grip probably around 225 or higher. If i were you, i wouldn't change the tires..instead learn how to control that fishtailing and turn it into a sweet drift...but thats me..hahahah yeah im pretty crazy. I drift in my Z31...so what..its a heavy beast..dont laugh! :cry:

SlowNLow
09-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Not really sure drifting in the rain is something "cool". I mean come on if a metro was right wheel drive it could do it.

wingsofwar
09-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by SlowNLow
Not really sure drifting in the rain is something "cool". I mean come on if a metro was right wheel drive it could do it.

right wheel drive? hmm..i take it you ment rear wheel drive..but i dunno..i find it fun drifting in Z cars, because not many people can do it.. its heavy and the 90+ series engine with the twin turbo is hard to control....im just trying to practice until i get into pro circut racing....

Im assuming you already tired drifting in your Z? If not..any car..how could you not say its "cool".....well..your right..your basicly killing the tires..but tire wears less in the rain during traction loss...dunno what im saying anymore..im freakin hungry..i need my daily taco..WEEE!!!

SlowNLow
09-07-2002, 12:48 PM
OO I totally love drifting there is no second gessing that. I'm just saying in the rain whats the fun I can get just about any car to do it in the rain. Try some dry pavment. You have way more control and are able to go much further. I have some really really tight drifting vidoes if your interested.

negari
09-21-2002, 04:53 PM
hey do you think i could get those videos?
Thanks
-Danny

SlowNLow
09-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Sure anyone is welcome to them just let me know how you want me to get them to you. My FTP is a little messed up right now so I can't do that but I'm sure we can figure something out.

Add your comment to this topic!