Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacing a T-25 what do I need?

my97blackgst
10-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey It;s been forever since I posted on here. But I need some help real quick. I am replacing my T-25 with another one (just my wifes car..no need to go fast) Is there anything I need to replacing when swapping out turbo's? Any kits? Suggestions of any maintence items to look at while I am under there? Anything special advice from your experiance would be awesome!!! Is there a installation guide for me to read? I have never messed with my turbo so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

defiancy
10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey It;s been forever since I posted on here. But I need some help real quick. I am replacing my T-25 with another one (just my wifes car..no need to go fast) Is there anything I need to replacing when swapping out turbo's? Any kits? Suggestions of any maintence items to look at while I am under there? Anything special advice from your experiance would be awesome!!! Is there a installation guide for me to read? I have never messed with my turbo so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

The turbo gasket and 02 housing gasket would probably be good to change. You could also replace the turbo bolts if they are messed up at all.

Blackcrow64
10-17-2006, 10:25 PM
The only things you should need is the new turbo and I'm thinking there might be some crush washers on the oil lines... Can't remember for sure when I took my t25 off and sold it...

Either way, its relatively simple. You will lose a little bit of oil out of the turbo and you will lose a good bit of radiator fluid. So be sure to either drain the radiator first or be ready to plug the water lines with something. I haven't seen any guides on here for replacing a stock t25 yet... That would certainly be a good writeup that we need/could use.

**EDIT**
Oh yeah, and any gaskets that you remove should be replaced too.

Thor06
10-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Ha ha, fuck new crush washers! I reused that shit god knows how many times I had the oil/coolant lines off the car. Seriously though, it would be good to replace them, I am going to when I do the rebuild this spring. So yeah, gaskets, crush washers, and turbo bolts. Those fuckers are not fun when they break off.

TeamRedLine23
10-17-2006, 11:34 PM
dont forget to change the oil return gasket. dont lose any bolts. take the fans out for more to work. the first time I took my turbo off I lowered the turbo and took it our from under the car. I think it was a lot harder then taking it out from the top.

Add your comment to this topic!