Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Coolant problem!!!

NateS
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
When I drive my coolant gets flushed out of my system and into my overflow bottle where it then gets sprayed out the overflow hose. The system won't keep any coolant in it. After I fill it up it will stay in there for about 2 days or so untill it drains itself. I have replaced the thermostat and the radiator cap. I do suspect that my head is cracked/warped but, would this make the coolant flush into the overflow bottle? Could my radiator or something else in the coolant system be clogged up or very dirty?

l_eclipse_l
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Is the coolant still that vibrant green color?

NateS
10-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Yes, the coolant is still the same color as when I put it in.

TalonEclipseMixGsx
10-24-2006, 11:38 PM
What kind of radiator cap did u put on it. I had this problem with a few cars that ive worked on in the past and it ended up being the radiator cap, eventhough it had just been replaced recently. If the oil looks good with no coolant and vice versa i wouldnt think itd be the head gasket. Im pretty sure they are 13psi radiator caps for the cooling system. Is it possible you could have gotten one rated at a different psi than your cooling system? Like i said ive seen the exact same problem in a couple other vehicles and thats what it ended up needing. If so it could also be possible that the thermostat was put in backwards too but often isnt the case.

gthompson97
10-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Does the car run at its normal operating temp when it runs?

Add your comment to this topic!