Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Tj Soft Upper Door Problem Please Help

BLAZERBOY69
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
I Seem To Have A Problem With The Uppers On My Driver Side Door. When I'm Driving Down The Highway, The Upper Seems To Want To Come Away From The Top. Any Ideas On How To Tighten This Up A Little? I Know On A Solid Door, You Can Slightly Bend The Top In, Creating A Firmer Seal, But I'm Not Sure On The Soft Top Uppers.

BLAZERBOY69
10-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Really Need Some Help Here Guys.... Winters Comin And I Hate The Cold
!!!!!!!!!

fredjacksonsan
10-20-2006, 10:08 AM
On my '97, I had the same thing happen, but only in certain windy conditions. You might want to take a look at the inserts in the door, where the upper half "plugs in". Those inserts can wear, and would allow the top of the window to come away from the top. Try pulling gently on the top of the door when open, and I think you'll see the flex in the inserts.

BLAZERBOY69
10-23-2006, 02:32 PM
On my '97, I had the same thing happen, but only in certain windy conditions. You might want to take a look at the inserts in the door, where the upper half "plugs in". Those inserts can wear, and would allow the top of the window to come away from the top. Try pulling gently on the top of the door when open, and I think you'll see the flex in the inserts.

OK, BUT DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW O FIX THIS PROBLEM?

fredjacksonsan
10-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Sorry, I thought it was plain from my post (apparently not) The plastic inserts can be removed and replaced with new ones, which should firm up the windows.

Add your comment to this topic!