Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 LHS Electrical gremlin?

joe_flash
10-16-2006, 09:54 AM
I have a 2000 which I bought new... At times over the last year or so, while sitting in the driveway, it will flash the headlights off an now then.. I've also seen it do it while driving in semi-rainy weather, as if the headlight sensor couldn't make up it's mind if it were actually dark or not.. It's never bothered me enough to fiddle with it, but the battery died last week after the car had sat in the driveway undriven for a week. It prolly hadn't been driven for a month before that, due to a rather large motorcycle and a lack of rain.. ;)

The battery being six years old, I replaced it, and damn if it didn't drain again between Friday and Monday.. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this? Other than the headlights (and the a/c), the car has performed about flawlessly for almost 60K miles..

Chrysler-Tech
10-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Your problem is likely the headlamp switch.

BRMC
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I had the same exact problem with my 1999 LHS, except for the raining part, and I replaced the headlamp switch (which meant taking off the dash etc.) and the problem returned almost immediately if it ever went away at all. It's maddening and I've gone through a number of batteries. I love the look of the car and "hate" that Chrysler is likely aware of the problem and doing nothing about it. By the way, you can turn off the light switch from automatic and it should mostly stop, but it won't stop your battery from draining. If anyone knows the answer to this conundrum, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

ctwoodie
10-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I have a 2001 having this problem. The headlights flash and just recently the interior lights. I've had this happen before but not sure what it was. some kind of warning. anyone know what it is warning of?

Add your comment to this topic!