Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

News on the stang...

Underground_Killah
10-16-2006, 08:35 AM
After i did the oil change last weekend i saw where the broken exhaust was. (it sounded like a friggin blown v8)

so i crossed my fingers and hoped the cat was still there (well.... i know i shoulda paid better attention, but covered in oil, that was the least of my problems)

Took it to a buddy's for him to weld a pipe on it at least to muffle the sound (couldn't crank the car at night b/c of neighbor's complaints) and he was like "what crack head did you buy this from?" I went "he was a pot head actually" he laughed and went "that dumbass cut off the cat...." i went "oh damn.... those are pricey..." he went "well yes, but doesn't your dad know woody? (woody is an owner of a local salvage yard here) so yea, long story short....
his mom said it "broke off" which i assumed it was before the cat... silly me for not crawling underneight the car...
but, i already got an offer on the car, 4k... 800 profit... may bite if i can't get a good deal on a y pipe with cat.

but, i love the car.... i do. If all goes well i'll have it restored by new years.. pics to come! (at work)

clawhammer
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Just sell the car and get something else.

eps
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Sell it...ya, definitely sell the "stang"

TheStang00
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
you guys are retarded ^

yeah sell it... then go buy a ferrari. lets try not to be stupid here.

2000LS1Z28
10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
I'd get rid of it. There's no telling what that guy did to it. I've purchased many used cars in my time, and when someone neglects their car it has a tendency to have long term abuse issues.

Most likely this car is going to end up costing you alot of money in the future, due to repairs. I'd say shop around for a prestine Nissan Sentra SE-R.

chevytrucks92
10-16-2006, 05:06 PM
you guys are retarded ^

yeah sell it... then go buy a ferrari. lets try not to be stupid here.

Well it does look bad now with these "suprises" coming up.

BP2K2Max
10-16-2006, 05:06 PM
what happenedto the J30? do you still have it?

RACER D12
10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I feel bad because everyone is telling you to sell your car, but I feel the same way. When ever you have a chance to make a profit on a car do it. Lots of better stuff out there.

2.2 Straight six
10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
sell it.

just remember one thing - "bought as seen"

Underground_Killah
10-16-2006, 07:39 PM
warning to all women about to read this post...

This may contain sexist remarks, however i am not sexist... at least... i don't think so...

thing is, i know the owner, it origionaly was my fiance's sister's who babied it. for the last 8 months she bought a mazda 3 (and babies it too) the trouble happened with it with her little brother (who's 16) and a crack/pot head ( know pot, but the crack has yet to be determined)
He was the one who dented it up a little and cut off the cat. My guess was he was stoned and heard if you drop the cat you gain awesome horsepower. I have it flowing straight through (which is fine here in alabama... no emissions) but her mom is an idiot because she believes everything that has been told by her stupid son. Her mom (who swears she knows about cars, but did not know what a cat was when I asked her about it... she really doesn't know much... she worked for a place called world omni which convinces people to buy the car when the lease it... like me saying i know how to replace a condenser on a fridge since i sell them all the time at sears...) told me it broke off during a trip into a ditch, however the frame is solid and the marks on the car look like they were not by that... my guess is he hit the car with a rod or something in places that makes it easy for me to fix. The exhaust imo isn't hard to come by since we do know someone who can get one cheap. I love the car... i do. I still have and drive the J30 (like the photoshop btw?) but my brother is turning 16 soon and he will soon get it so that I won't have to pay 2 car insurances. The overall i plan to put into it is 1500 including body parts and mechanics... even then i'm only at 4,700 for the car which has 89,000 miles and is 7 years newer than the car i have now. Did i mention i love mustangs?
The thing is, even if the engine farts out, i can easily obtain a GT engine from woody (the car salvage guy) or doug (who builds hot rods here.. he did my dad's truck 470hp 302...) and i could easily have a GT. The thing is though, I've loved this car since i first saw it 1 year ago when it was in prestine condition and honestly i can't afford anything else while i'm in school. Hell it's hard making the 3200 car payment. (140/month) so i'm going to keep it, and Thanks for jinxing me guys.... lol

more importantly, They make so much for the car and mustangs are so easy to find here that parts are plentiful and not very expensive. (especially with my hookup)

chevytrucks92
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Like I've said to other people, no matter what we say you should do, do whatever you think is right, because you're the one that has to live with it, pay for it, etc. etc.

Anyways, it makes things different since you know the car's history. I didn't know that. And since you seem to like it so much, then maybe you should keep it and take a chance on it.

It being a V-6 Stang is a big reason that most everybody on here is pushing you to sell it though.

Underground_Killah
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
well i like it being a v6 for the time being b/c a. cheaper insurance (i'm under 25 and not married) b. better gas efficiency and c. lesser temptation to race it and get a ticket.

Later on? of course i'll drop a v8 in it but that's a while from now (hopefully) when i'll have a daily driver that is dependable.

2000LS1Z28
10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey i'm just telling you from experience that the car may be trouble. The guy did only have it for 8 months though, so maybe he wasn't able to do that much damage.

I use to own a Stealth and I lost $8K on it. That is why I said what I said. Hopefully it works out for you :D

Underground_Killah
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
yea, i read your story a while back, that sucks big time. I hope the same for me, but we all take these risks whenever we buy a used car. Now if it goes to the point i'm making a money pit... i'm out. At least i'll have the experience owning one of my dream cars and the happiness that came with that. If that happens? what will i do? I'll chalk it up and work another job to buy a new car. This is all i can afford now and until a year or so after i'm married.
I would never spend 8k on a used car hell i wouldn't pay that at a dealership.
considering for 4 of the 8 months the car was stored at their brother's house and parked (not driven) because of his stupidity i think i'm in good shape but i appreciate everyone's concern... good to know i've got pals on here.

TheStang00
10-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey i'm just telling you from experience that the car may be trouble. The guy did only have it for 8 months though, so maybe he wasn't able to do that much damage.

I use to own a Stealth and I lost $8K on it. That is why I said what I said. Hopefully it works out for you :D

the difference here is that this is a mustang, not a stealth. mustangs are built very durable from the factory, because ford knows people are going to abuse them. mustangs have very good reliability ratings. they always have been reliable. many people that buy these take them to the track on a regular basis and they still stay reliable. my guess is the car will have very few reliability issues. i own one almost exactly like his and its been perfect. the stealth on the other hand is known for having problems, thats why you had so many problems, its not reliable to begin with.

Well it does look bad now with these "suprises" coming up.

im pretty sure he knew about this when he bought it, its no surprise.

clawhammer
10-17-2006, 09:21 AM
the difference here is that this is a mustang, not a stealth. mustangs are built very durable from the factory, because ford knows people are going to abuse them. mustangs have very good reliability ratings. they always have been reliable. many people that buy these take them to the track on a regular basis and they still stay reliable. my guess is the car will have very few reliability issues. i own one almost exactly like his and its been perfect. the stealth on the other hand is known for having problems, thats why you had so many problems, its not reliable to begin with.

im pretty sure he knew about this when he bought it, its no surprise.

:bs:

clawhammer
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
yea, i read your story a while back, that sucks big time. I hope the same for me, but we all take these risks whenever we buy a used car. Now if it goes to the point i'm making a money pit... i'm out. At least i'll have the experience owning one of my dream cars and the happiness that came with that. If that happens? what will i do? I'll chalk it up and work another job to buy a new car. This is all i can afford now and until a year or so after i'm married.
I would never spend 8k on a used car hell i wouldn't pay that at a dealership.
considering for 4 of the 8 months the car was stored at their brother's house and parked (not driven) because of his stupidity i think i'm in good shape but i appreciate everyone's concern... good to know i've got pals on here.

The only problem of course is that once a car is broken, you will not be able to sell it for a fair price or even make a profit on it. We're simply telling you that there is a good chance that it will turn into a money pit, and once it doesn, you'll loose a lot of money. If you want to get out, now is the perfect time for that.

TheStang00
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
:bs:

oh sry i forgot, only hondas are reliable :rolleyes:

chevytrucks92
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
oh sry i forgot, only hondas are reliable :rolleyes:

Man lets not get into this bull shit.

And NOTHING is reliable when you take it to a track on a regular basis. Nothing.

Chiquae07
10-18-2006, 08:59 AM
well of course nothing is reliable if you put it out to its full potential. it will break eventually.

killa, since your going to keep the car, just decide NOT to do anything crazy in it until you know what is needed to be fixed if there is anything besides some quick dents and the exhaust. if after all that happens, have the v8 block become built by 'woody' or something.

just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the v6 and v8's suspentiuon set up or handling? is it the same or differs bearly or what?

BP2K2Max
10-18-2006, 09:20 AM
just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the v6 and v8's suspentiuon set up or handling? is it the same or differs bearly or what?
i was curious about that too. and can you really just drop in the v8 motor or is there more to it? most people i see with a v6 stang say they're going to drop the v8 motor in, i've never actually seen anyone go through with it though.

TheStang00
10-18-2006, 12:55 PM

there really is very little difference. the engine bay is exactly the same as you can imagine. the v6 engine bay has TONS of room in it, its quite nice lol. The v8 has a little stiffer springs in the fron to deal with a little more weight. thats basically all thats different in the front. In the rear the v6 has a open differential 7.5 inch rear. the v8 has a closed differential and 8.8 inch rear that is pretty much invincible. the v8 also has quad shocks in the rear to eliminate wheel hop, and it does. so to drop a v8 in it would probably require a new rearend when the 7.5 incher breaks. you would need some new springs in the front most likely. the transmission should be fine with the v8, although if you suck at driving it you might lose that too. the v6 has a T5 tranny which is the same one in the foxbodies, the v8 on the other hand at some point in time (forget the year) got switched to a strong tranny, T45. but all in all, the suspensions are very similar. Many people actually prefer the v6 model for autocross because it has less weight on the front and therefore doesnt push as much. if you really are interested in more info, you can go to this website.
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension.htm

for the record, i never plan on dropping in a v8 in mine, unless i become a millionare and get bored or something. id rather go turbo, which will probably never happen either.

Underground_Killah
10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
The mechanic who does the work on my dad's truck has dropped plenty in by doing minor suspension and rear end work... Honestly it's not so bad.. i popped the hood on the stang and looked at how huge the bay is and went "oh it'll so fit". Only thing is, should i go v8 in the future or vortec s/c?

TheStang00
10-18-2006, 08:19 PM
The mechanic who does the work on my dad's truck has dropped plenty in by doing minor suspension and rear end work... Honestly it's not so bad.. i popped the hood on the stang and looked at how huge the bay is and went "oh it'll so fit". Only thing is, should i go v8 in the future or vortec s/c?

the v8 will have more potential probably, but the 3.8 isnt a bad engine. its really up to you.

VR43000GT
10-18-2006, 08:26 PM
A s/c would be a little more unique IMO. Like Stang00 said the V8 will have mor potential but it depends how big you want to go.

BlackGT2000
10-18-2006, 08:33 PM
If you must modify THAT car than I would say modify what you have and don't swap a V8. You can't swap in a 302 or anything like that and still be street legal and the 4.6 motors are expensive and a pain in the ass. Don't get me wrong I would rather start with the 4.6 over the 3.8 but I would never swap a 4.6 into a car.

BP2K2Max
10-18-2006, 08:37 PM
both

CassiesMan
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Swap in an RB26DETT...and be Tokyo JDM Dorfito tizzlite.

Chiquae07
10-18-2006, 11:14 PM
or grab that 702 crate motor from chevy, idk if it would work lol. isnt that thing like 13 grand and rated at like 600hp or something?

TheStang00
10-18-2006, 11:40 PM
or grab that 702 crate motor from chevy, idk if it would work lol. isnt that thing like 13 grand and rated at like 600hp or something?

if its 702, i hope its more than 600 horses...

2.2 Straight six
10-19-2006, 12:16 AM
if its 702, i hope its more than 600 horses...

it's more than 600.

considering the 572 makes 720hp out the box.

Chiquae07
10-24-2006, 11:17 PM
is this true?

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/1391d868-1b98-4e83-bf62-5a630401d8cf.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1391d868-1b98-4e83-bf62-5a630401d8cf.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1391d868-1b98-4e83-bf62-5a630401d8cf.htm)

Underground_Killah
10-26-2006, 07:35 AM
hahaha "a huge ass hill"

Add your comment to this topic!