Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission fill plug problem

ABigWeaney
10-15-2006, 10:52 PM
OK i got the bright idea to change my transmission fluid.... nothing ever goes as planned... OK so it has a really big bolt to drain the fluid and it was ez to take off and a lot of fluid pored out and i waited until it was finished draining and i put the bolt back on then i tried to take the fill plug off and it wouldn't even budge.. so i put a 4 ft break-over bar on it and it stripped out :banghead: .. so is there an ez way to get it out?

i have a 92 talon turbo..

Blackcrow64
10-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Stripped off the head of the bolt? If so, stick some vice grips on there and get it out. If that don't work then just drill a hole down the center and use an easy-out bit to get it out of there and put a new plug in. Messed up the threads too? Just use a tap and make it the next size bigger and run the proper size bolt in it...

Hope that helps ya out some.

TeamRedLine23
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Stripped off the head of the bolt? If so, stick some vice grips on there and get it out. If that don't work then just drill a hole down the center and use an easy-out bit to get it out of there and put a new plug in. Messed up the threads too? Just use a tap and make it the next size bigger and run the proper size bolt in it...

Hope that helps ya out some.

you are really good at making things seem so easy!! lol

Blackcrow64
10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
you are really good at making things seem so easy!! lol
lol It really is easy. Yet when it comes time for me to actually do it I seem to run into other problems. Can't find the drill, break a bit, grenade a grinding disc, etc... You know, all that fun stuff. Thats just my luck though. lol

Add your comment to this topic!