Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

confused....

Trueeclipse
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Uhhh so i get this shift knob with a button right ....

I wire the positive to the acc and then the out put to the convertible top button thing (the wire that rolls all of the windows down).

So now when I push that button the stock one nothing happens,

i dont see any fuses listed as convertible top....

does anyone have any ideas at all...?

Thor06
10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I have no idea what you are asking at all. You should rephrase your background information and question.

Blackcrow64
10-15-2006, 10:26 PM
You did it wrong...

You should have put a relay in the system. You should have ran a power from the accessories to the relay then grounded the relay and ran your feed to the converible top down wire. Then use the knob button as your signal wire to the relay and that would tell the relay to take power and send it to the convertible top down wire...

Does that make sense? lol I know it can be hard to follow when trying to explain online.

**EDIT**
I almost forgot the most important part. lol The way you did it you may have shorted out wires in the stock harness for the top.

Trueeclipse
10-15-2006, 10:31 PM
You did it wrong...

You should have put a relay in the system. You should have ran a power from the accessories to the relay then grounded the relay and ran your feed to the converible top down wire. Then use the knob button as your signal wire to the relay and that would tell the relay to take power and send it to the convertible top down wire...

Does that make sense? lol I know it can be hard to follow when trying to explain online.

**EDIT**
I almost forgot the most important part. lol The way you did it you may have shorted out wires in the stock harness for the top.

ican try to make sense of it but now my convertible top button doesnt do anything... Any ideas on how to fix this>?

Blackcrow64
10-15-2006, 10:49 PM
ican try to make sense of it but now my convertible top button doesnt do anything... Any ideas on how to fix this>?
Undo everything you added and see if it works. If it still doesn't work then look under the dash and the hood for a fuse or stock relay that might have blown. If all else fails, you may have fried wires and they will need to be replaced. Trust me, you better hope you didn't fry wires or your gonna have a major headache. lol

Trueeclipse
10-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Undo everything you added and see if it works. If it still doesn't work then look under the dash and the hood for a fuse or stock relay that might have blown. If all else fails, you may have fried wires and they will need to be replaced. Trust me, you better hope you didn't fry wires or your gonna have a major headache. lol

hmph well I un hooked all of it and it still doesnt work, iw ill check all of th efuses tommorow, i didnt smell burning so i dont see how i culd have fried wires...

Blackcrow64
10-16-2006, 04:30 AM
hmph well I un hooked all of it and it still doesnt work, iw ill check all of th efuses tommorow, i didnt smell burning so i dont see how i culd have fried wires...
Trust me, you won't smell them burning cause you fry the insides of them and thats what shorts them out. It pretty much just destroys the connection. I've seen it happen quite a bit when too much power goes through a feed wire. Thats why they have you run heavier gauge wires with amps and such when hooking them up.

Trueeclipse
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Trust me, you won't smell them burning cause you fry the insides of them and thats what shorts them out. It pretty much just destroys the connection. I've seen it happen quite a bit when too much power goes through a feed wire. Thats why they have you run heavier gauge wires with amps and such when hooking them up.

i checked all interior fuses and one of my accessory ones was blown, so i replaced it then i did some type of relay connection and now she works

my button puts all the windows down as well as the top!!!!!

sweet eh...

the button is located in the shift knob so its concelled!

Blackcrow64
10-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Sweet. +1 for me again. lol :rolleyes: :wink:

Oh, I took care of your triple post also. lol Just keep an eye out for those. :wink:

Black99GST
10-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I took care of your triple post also. lol Just keep an eye out for those. :wink:

:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!