Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine swap problem

kiesha15
10-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a 92 plymouth laser rs with FWD 2.0. I ordered a engine on line and at first i was delighted but upon removing the bad engine I dicovered it has a 6 bolt flywheel and the new one has 7. What now? Can I just get a seven bolt flywheel and stick her in there?:banghead: :crying:

defiancy
10-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I have a 92 plymouth laser rs with FWD 2.0. I ordered a engine on line and at first i was delighted but upon removing the bad engine I dicovered it has a 6 bolt flywheel and the new one has 7. What now? Can I just get a seven bolt flywheel and stick her in there?:banghead: :crying:

The short answer is No.

It's possible but not without alot of work.

Your best bet is to send the motor back to where you got it, and have them send you a 6-bolt. It will be alot less painfull that way.

Blackcrow64
10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Hmm lets see here... There are too many differences between a 6 bolt and 7 bolt to just do that. For instance, things don't bolt up the same at all. You will need to get the 6 bolt to drop right in. If you do the 7 bolt then you will have to rewire the wiring harness to read the crank angle sensor in the 7 bolt instead of the cam angle sensor that is read in the 6 bolts.

Thor06
10-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, you dont want those CW'ing 7 bolt POS's anyway ;). Take it back if you can, if not put 'er on eBay and get yourself a 6 bolt.

Add your comment to this topic!