Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 rx-7 not starting

banditkiller
09-06-2002, 12:51 PM
i have an 86 rx-7 with about 143k on it. last week i drove it and it was fine. i drove it on friday and it was fine.saturday comes around and it ran for about 3 mins then was parked. i left saturday and came back monday and went to start it and all the engine did was crank. ive heard about this garage mode and was wondering if any one elsehad any ideads thanks and peace

RXtony7
09-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Do you smell gas? If so it's probably flooded. When you ran it for only 3 minutes is probably what did it. Rotarys dont like to be started and shut right back off, only to be shut down after it has been fully warmed up. You'll have to unflood it to get it going again. I can't remember the exact procedure but you take out a certain fuse under the hood, crank the motor for a few second whole holding down the gas pedal, put the fuse back in and starts right up. Go to rx7club.com and do a search in the 2nd gen section on flooding.

delsolsi
09-07-2002, 01:06 PM
Flooded.
If your going to move your car you need to let it warm up before turn it off. Or get a kill switch and turn your fuel pump of while the car is running to burn out all the gas. If you have a kill switch it also makes it easier to start after flooding. Turn the fuel pump off, try to start the car, when it sounds like its trying to fire up turn the fuel pump back on.

Add your comment to this topic!