ABS light after rear brake work

jsylvia90
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I have a 1994 Eldorado. She's getting older, but still kicking. I've had her since nearly new (only 29K). Last week I brought her in to the shop to have rear brake work. Very standard stuff; replace pads and rotors. When I got her back immediately the anti-lock brake light came on and then the Traction Disabled light in the information panel came on. I turn around and went directly back to my shop. They said that the ABS controler is in a completely different location and that it's elelctronic. But, why would it only come on now after I had work on the brakes? Does anyone know if their might be a connector or something that my mechanic may have over looked. I really think its likely minor, but I also think it is related to the brake work. Any tips would be appreciated.

JS

MasterMind1
11-24-2006, 11:55 PM
absolutly, pull the wheels and make sure they didnt disconnect or damage the wheel speed sensors and/or connectors, if every thing appears ok you can check them if you have a DVOM, connect across the sensor and spin the hub, you should get an AC voltage reading, the faster you spin , the higher the voltage will be, and you might wanna find a different shop to use, theres alot more to the system than just the ABS controller, not to mention they shouldnt treat you that way after having just worked on your brakes !

Add your comment to this topic!