Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

It is a sad day for Triumph.

Moppie
08-28-2001, 06:19 AM
After fighting a long and drawn out battle with Cancer of the inner floor and inner door sills, My poor old 2500TC triumph passed away this evening, 14/09/01,
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

She was a great old car, Always plesant to drive, had more than enough power thanks to some nice head work and a matched cam, had the suspension all sorted, diff G/box etc were all rebuilt. What a great car.
But sadly rust got into the multilayered floor, and it was beyond my resources to cure.
But shes going to a good a couse, before a date with the crusher the local Volunter Fire Brigrade will use the Shell for Practicing with the Jaws of life etc. (I just have to remeber to avoid the local Fire station for about a month. :cry: )

She is survived by to other cars, one a spritual succesor to the now dead British Car industry, a Honda Civic SiR, built with passion, and containing an engine built intirely by race mad enginers who told the accountants and Marketing gurus where to stick thier calculators. (how else to you explain 160hp at 7,800 rpm in a car that weighs just over a 1,000kgs from the factory.) And it a Kit car based around the 2500TC's little sister the Herald. Its currently undergoing a long and sometimes painfull rebuild, buit it will happen, and when it does it will be the perfect marriage of Britsh strength and durablity with Japanese efficiency.

Add your comment to this topic!