Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RX300 Steering Wheel Squeak

farmerfelts
10-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi, new to the RX300 forum and have a question. I have a 99 RX300 that has a squeak in the steering wheel especially in colder weather. I used to valet park cars and noticed other RX300s had this same problem. The dealer suggested spraying WD 40 where ever I could but of course, that didn't work. Anybody else experience this? Anybody found a solution?

Thanks

bfeiock
03-20-2009, 07:17 AM
[quote=farmerfelts;4406316]Hi, new to the RX300 forum and have a question. I have a 99 RX300 that has a squeak in the steering wheel especially in colder weather. I used to valet park cars and noticed other RX300s had this same problem. The dealer suggested spraying WD 40 where ever I could but of course, that didn't work. Anybody else experience this? Anybody found a solution?

Thanks

I had one also for several years. I used to think it was coming from the steering wheel itself until I crouched down and heard it was coming from the point where the steering wheel shaft enters a rubber housing going into the floor board. With the car on, I sprayed WD-40 at that location while moving the steering wheel back and forth. It hasn't made a noise for over 3 months now.

farmerfelts
03-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks bfeiock, will sure investigate that possibility, Lord knows I've tried everything else I could think of.:):runaround: I"ll give it a shot next time I try my next brainstorm fix on that pesky drooping sun visor.:iceslolan

farmerfelts
06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey bfeiock, finally tried that WD-40 thing at the base of the steering column where it u-joints and just as you predicted, it doesn't squeak anymore. Thanks a million.

Add your comment to this topic!