Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cap stuck on CA glue

speeddemon92
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
hi guys, i have a problem. now at the risk of sounding 'a complete numpty' (like the director for the japanise gp, according to martin brundle):evillol: i will tell you. i just bought some brand new super-glue and kinda glued the top on. again. and can't get it off again. its completely stuck! firstly, how do i get it off again? and secondly how can i prevent it happening again.:1zhelp:

thank you for any help on this elementry but very difficult problem!

freakray
10-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Getting it off is your problem :lol:

In future, try wiping the excess off the tip with some paper towel before putting the cap on - you'd be surprised what a difference it makes.

SteveK2003
10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
My LHS has their own 'brand' of CAs (They buy this stuff called Insta-Cure and there is a spot for their sticker on the bottle), and they sell extra needle-points and caps. I just buy an extra one, don't snip the tip off, and put it on after I'm done with using that bottle for the day. Soaking the old one in acetone will get rid of the old CA.

mikemechanic
10-15-2006, 12:11 AM
I always leave the cap off, in fact I throw it away and leave it leaning standing up against something on my bench. Never have a problem with it drying up although it does thicken up over the course of a month or so.

Mike.

Add your comment to this topic!