Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

park avenue horns?

buick24
10-13-2006, 07:29 PM
My friend has an 87' park avenue. It has the 4 horns on it that sound like train horns. I would like to hook up some of those on my car and have them work like the normal ones. The question is because on the 87 it has four horns how would i hook that up to what my car has which is 2? I don't like the sound of the horns on my 95 lesabre and would really like to pull some off of a junked 87 park avenue to put on my car. Also would the power source/ wiring need to be up graded? I don't know if they need more power or not. thanks

grcore
10-13-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.hornblasters.com/

And dont forget to watch the video's, like this one..

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=44

buick24
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I know about train horns i know someone that has them on his truck and man are they loud. I would really just like to put the park avenue horns on this though a lot cheaper and thats the sound i want

Loekee75
10-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Can't you just splice the current leads into the extra horn per side?

buick24
10-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Thats what i was thinking but was not sure if it would supply enough power. I guess i will have to get a set and try it out. thanks

HotZ28
10-14-2006, 09:15 AM
My 92 PA Ultra has the 4 horn option. It is listed on the RPO Code list as;
U09 - HORN FOUR NOTE

It is, loud as heck!:grinyes:

Loekee75
10-14-2006, 04:22 PM
My 92 PA Ultra has the 4 horn option. It is listed on the RPO Code list as;
U09 - HORN FOUR NOTE

It is, loud as heck!:grinyes:

Yes, this option gives you a different horn for each note, A, C, D and F. And the good thing is they all run off the same lead as the standard horn system, meaning no additional mods need to be done to add them.

HotZ28
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Loekee75, thanks for the education on the “Four Horn” option, I had no idea that they had different notes. In fact, I have never noticed where the horns were located, or what they even looked like. Today, I decided to raise the hood, with the sole intention of finding the “Four Horns”! Low & behold, there they were, neatly tucked back out of sight in the front of each fender. (Two on each side) :grinyes:

In my opinion, horns should only be used when absolutely necessary. I doubt that I have used mine more than twice in the past year. Now that I know I have the powerful “FOUR HORN NOTE” option on my car, I may choose to use them more often. (From now on, little ole lady that keeps pulling out in front of me, be prepared for a blasting!):rofl:

buick24
10-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys its good to know. Have fun blasting at those old ladys. lol

Add your comment to this topic!