Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2jzgte rebuilt then swap.

tmp703
10-13-2006, 02:55 AM
I been wanting to get a 2jzgte engine that is fully rebuilt and around my area there's no shop that deals with rebuilting anything beside trannys. Any one have a good site that specialize in supra engine worka nd rebuilting?

TcmaBoy
10-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Are you doing a rebuild, or a build up? The cost of rebuild vs the cost of a used motor makes it a bit of a toss up. When looking for a shop to do work I always recommend staying as local as possible. That way you can go over there and deal in person. Dealing over the phone or e-mail is not the best way to do business. What is wrong with your current motor? You may be able to source a rebuilt head or long block.

flyinMKIV
10-13-2006, 04:07 PM
It really depends on what you want to do as Tcma said, I could tell you several places where you could have it rebuilt and/or built. I would also recommend staying local but sometimes when dealing with rural places it's hard. Let me know how much money you want to invest with this and where you are and we could go from there.

tmp703
10-14-2006, 01:05 AM
I want to do a rebuild since my motor in messed up real bad. I think the whole motor is blown. I haven't looked at the motor yet but I am pretty sure it is.

If i could do an internal rebuilt that would get more horse out of it then I want to do it. Maybe ported and polished. My investment right now is basically $12k no more no less. I live in Northern Virginia and as far as I know there's no shop around here that would do what I want to do.

Here's a break down for you guys. (tcmaboy and flyinMKIV)

Goal: can handle and give more then stock hp for the internals like pistons and so on.

Invest: 12,000 USD

Hope you guys can help me out now with all the info you guys asked for.

Thanks tcmaboy and flyingMKIV and always thanks to automotiveforum.

TcmaBoy
10-14-2006, 11:27 PM
What are your power goals? The stock internals can handle quite a bit of power. You really don't need to go into the motor until you go north of 500 HP.

I don't really recommend going this route on a car that is street driven. The turbo needed to generate that kind of power will be so big that it won't cut in until well over 3K rpm which is well outside of the normal operating range on the street. I recommend you shoot for 400-500 hp with a smaller turbo that has good low end spool. I am not familiar enough with shops in the Virginia area to make a recommendation.

Add your comment to this topic!