Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

keyless entry

backayrdauto
10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I am working on a 2000 escalade, installing a remote car start/car alarm/keyless entry. I need to know were the factory keyless entry and alarm control box is located so it would be a heck of a lot easier wiring it up and disengaging the original keyless entry. Plus is there any kind of safety kill that would make the truck not start due to tampering with the factory alarm.
Help would be greatly appreciated on this one.

ponchonutty
10-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I am working on a 2000 escalade, installing a remote car start/car alarm/keyless entry. I need to know were the factory keyless entry and alarm control box is located so it would be a heck of a lot easier wiring it up and disengaging the original keyless entry. Plus is there any kind of safety kill that would make the truck not start due to tampering with the factory alarm.
Help would be greatly appreciated on this one.

You don't have to disengage the OEM keyless nor go to the RKE module to get the wires.

You can look up the vehicle's info at www.bulldogsecurity.com Make sure to read the directions carefully to bypass the PK2 system that you have in that Caddy.

backayrdauto
10-14-2006, 05:23 PM
thank you!!! I am now going to get a bypass for the factory alarm. You have helped out tremendesly!!

Add your comment to this topic!