Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

intake manifold leak

ABigWeaney
10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
ok i finally did some boost leak tests and found some on the bov and fixed them.. but from the intake manifold there is a lot of air comming out of it and i cant seem to find it.. or would it be better to get all of the gaskets to take the manifold off and replace them? and what is required to do that?

defiancy
10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
ok i finally did some boost leak tests and found some on the bov and fixed them.. but from the intake manifold there is a lot of air comming out of it and i cant seem to find it.. or would it be better to get all of the gaskets to take the manifold off and replace them? and what is required to do that?

You said it. Your best bet is to remove the manifold and replace the gasket. You can take the manifold off with basic handtools, some of the positions are akward but with extensions it shouldn't take long.

But to make sure that it's the gasket that is leaking and not the actual manifold itself. You can take some soapy water, or some CARB cleaner / engine degreaser and spray it on the the manifold where it meets the head and see if you get any bubbles. It'll show you were the leaks on the manifold are coming from. Other area's to check would also be the TB and TB elbow.

Talon69
10-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I usually mix up some dish soap and water in a spray bottle when i do leak test ;)

ABigWeaney
10-13-2006, 07:45 AM
ok ill try it thanks

EDMUND65
10-13-2006, 08:18 AM
wow a noob post that makes good sence! congrats lol hope you find the leak...

Add your comment to this topic!