Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Factory driving lights are they worth it??

AWILLIAMS64
10-12-2006, 01:55 AM
First of all i just found this forum and i would like to say it is a great find!! I just purchased an 01 passport lx and i have already answered many of the questions that i have. I would like to know if the factory driving lights are good. I work 2nd shift and i drive in fog a alot and was thinking about getting the lights from honda because my vehicle is already wired for them. I know some factory lights suck so i just wanted some opinions. I know there are better ones out there, just wandering about the stock. I can get them basically for free so price is a big factor.

amigo-2k
10-12-2006, 07:05 AM
For Free? well then yes. I added the factory lights myself. It does a great job of filling in more light due to the weak factory headlights.

took me about an hour to install.

AWILLIAMS64
10-12-2006, 11:49 AM
i saw the wires for the lights at the front bumper, do you know if the wires are also inside for the switch install??

2eyefishclaw
10-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes Wiring Is Already There

Gizmo42
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM
If you drive in fog alot then the factory ones wont be much use for that since they are "white" light. You need yellow light for fog/heavy snow.

Since I couldnt get the factory ones for free I installed some aftermarket ones on mine. (http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7583) It would look nicer with ones that fill the whole space but for $40 I'm happy with these.

AWILLIAMS64
10-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Is it possible to get different bulbs for the factory lights??

Gizmo42
10-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I dont think I've seen yellow bulbs for them (doesnt mean there arent any). Usually fog lights will have a clear bulb and yellow/gold colored reflector. The factory lights should use a standard fog/driving light bulb (dont remember now what the number is).

LuxAeternaDT
10-13-2006, 06:37 PM
First of all i just found this forum and i would like to say it is a great find!! I just purchased an 01 passport lx and i have already answered many of the questions that i have. I would like to know if the factory driving lights are good. I work 2nd shift and i drive in fog a alot and was thinking about getting the lights from honda because my vehicle is already wired for them. I know some factory lights suck so i just wanted some opinions. I know there are better ones out there, just wandering about the stock. I can get them basically for free so price is a big factor.

I don't have the driving/fog lights, I just have the regular headlights and I replaced them with the Sylvania 9004ST Silverstar Headlight bulbs and it made a huge improvement.

jimwelsh
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Even though my 99 Rodeo does not have the factory fog lights, is it already wired up for them? I see them on eBay every now and again. Also, does anyone know what the part number for the fog light button is and where it can be purchased?
Thanks.

amigo-2k
10-25-2006, 03:48 PM
yes it is pre-wired. all you need are lights a relay and the button.

Contact St. Charles for the button (I think it is about 20 bucks).

Or watch ebay for it or find a pick and pull in your area: www.car-parts.com

AWILLIAMS64
10-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Well i guess the factory light kit is no longer available from the service center where i work so i guess i will just buy some aftermarkets and make them work. It will probably be better in the long run.

Add your comment to this topic!