Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Because theres no one who visits VW

Andrewhuffman
10-11-2006, 08:41 AM
My friend has a '99 VW Golf.

A/C does not blow.

checked the blower moter.=good

there's what looks to be a sensor under the blower motor, he calls it a relay. looks horrible.

along with that, what other componets should be tested to get it blowing?

maybe, heater contoler?, i looked under drivers side for fuses, all good. i dont know where the other fuses and relays are.

any suggestion for a fix?

i'll have the car thursday to work on it, pictures would be very helpfull because i know nothing about this car.

Alibi
10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Ok.....VW's and Buicks are quite a ways off.

As far as tracking down a problem, all I can suggest is that you make sure everything works--switches, fuses, relays, no shorts in the wires, and that the motor itself truly works. Does the motor spin when it is supposed to be engaged? If it does, then look under the dash for some sort of actuator that opens air mix doors.

I cant think of any reason for it to have anything wierd like a sensor or whatnot. Just basic stuff otherwise.

spinne1
10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
It is impossible to diagnose any AC system without proper procedures. This includes hooking up gauges and reading the pressures, as well as inspecting the lines and components. If the system is low on r134, then likely a leak has caused it to come out. You then need to find and repair the leak before going further. To find a leak, get an electronic leak tester off ebay ($100-$150), charge the system to its proper level, then leak test. Then, capture the r134 and open the system and repair the leak by either fixing the connections or by replacing a component or components. Then recharge the system and test cooling again. Check for leaks again. If all is well you are done. If not, you must repeat the process. While the system is open you should replace all o-rings, and the orifice tube (if this car has one), and the accumulator (or receiver/dryer).

Good luck.

PS. I may have misunderstood you. Do you mean that there is no cooling, but the fan is blowing? Or that there is no blowing air at all whether it is set to heat or AC? If the latter, then ignore what I said above and subscribe to alldata.com for this car and find the diagnostic procedure for a non-blowing blower motor and follow it.

buckroo
10-11-2006, 08:34 PM
That item that looks like a relay....check to see if voltage is available on both sides of this using a voltmeter.

My friend has a '99 VW Golf.

A/C does not blow.

checked the blower moter.=good

there's what looks to be a sensor under the blower motor, he calls it a relay. looks horrible.

along with that, what other componets should be tested to get it blowing?

maybe, heater contoler?, i looked under drivers side for fuses, all good. i dont know where the other fuses and relays are.

any suggestion for a fix?

i'll have the car thursday to work on it, pictures would be very helpfull because i know nothing about this car.

Add your comment to this topic!