Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cherry bomb

MrPockets
10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Hello. Ive made an executive decision recently and decided to limit my GP modding, in hopes to save for mods of a quicker car in the distant future. However i was looking to finishing it up with a set of Cherry Bomb glasspack mufflers for my '98 grand prix GT 3800 series-II v63.8L with a CAI mod. I was planning on leaving the exhaust stock and just replacing the mufflers and tips. My inquiry for the evening was relating to the engines potential sound after the upgrade. I recall similar mufflers on my fathers Triumph years ago, but know that the cars are no where near alike, and would like to know if a 3.8 auto will still sound pretty aggressive. thanks for the help, as always.
-MrPockets

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/n915aa/torri/Picture.jpg

boose00
10-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I think it should sound pretty good. My buddy has one on his truck with a 318 v8 and it sounds real nice. The only thing is that with the v6 when you let off (when reving) your probably gonna get a popping noise. I think its worth is because a full exhaust sytem for these cars are over $400 on average. Let me know if u decide to get it

MrPockets
10-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Gunna look a little deeper into the install to make sure its something im able to do, but i checked out prices on them and they run about $18 at FleetFarm here, so i believe its an achievable project. Some issues i had where the mounting supports, i saw no place to attach the supports onto the pipes, and im unsure of whether they will just clamp on such as the stock muffler, or welding is required. As always, any help I could get with these questions is appreciated.
Thanks again,
-MrPockets.

GTP Dad
10-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Look for a good set of mufflers of the same design as the originals. Flowmasters are good. They give good tone and won't make it sound like it has a fart can muffler on it. Cherry bombs are OK for the older hot rods but do nothing for the newer cars. I think you will like the sound of the better quality mufflers and they will look better too.

Add your comment to this topic!