no air flow

joepro50
10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
i have a '92 seville. the blower works, but i can't seem to get any airflow out of any of the vents. does not matter were i set the climate control. whats up?

caddydaddy
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
The air door might be jammed shut. It could be that the rod popped off, or the actuator is not working. Without a service manual, I'm not sure where it is on your car, but it's probably near the heater core, behind the glove box.

joepro50
10-12-2006, 06:32 PM
caddydaddy,
thanks for the input. I gave that a try today. yes the actuator is shot. the thing was stuck in the open position so I did not get any increase in air flow. another thing i noticed is that while the air flow does not feel up to par the drivers side seems cooler the the passenger side. this is really starting to tee me off. this is a caddy for pete's sake I should be able to cook a prime rib on the dashboard.

caddydaddy
10-12-2006, 06:40 PM
caddydaddy,
thanks for the input. I gave that a try today. yes the actuator is shot. the thing was stuck in the open position so I did not get any increase in air flow. another thing i noticed is that while the air flow does not feel up to par the drivers side seems cooler the the passenger side. this is really starting to tee me off. this is a caddy for pete's sake I should be able to cook a prime rib on the dashboard.

Is your heater core the original? On my '94 Deville, my air temp in the winter got progressively cooler. I changed the heater core, and it's smokin' hot now! Heater cores aren't that expensive, it might not be a bad idea to change it out since you already have the dash apart.

joepro50
10-13-2006, 05:54 PM
heater core is not the problem. I found a local caddy guru today, said guru suggested that the air conditioner condenser was clogged. I did not spend the time to remove the cover and clean properly that will be tommorow. but I was able to get an air nozzel into the case and give it a good shot of 120 psi air. lo and behold things started working better. tommorow will tell.

Add your comment to this topic!