Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Acura Integra?

XelleX
10-08-2006, 09:54 PM
hi im new to the whole car thing im buying my first car for myself and i like somthing with good handeling and overall speed and aceleration i was told look into a Acura Integra Type R yr 2001 because of all of this and it is a reliable car? would this be a good car to buy or any one have opinions to toss in? thanks

AudioGuy93DelSol
10-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes, excellent car IMO.

hondacivic99sivtec
10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
it's a great car. if you got the money.

Schister66
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
buy my GSR instead...Hype R's aren't worth the money.....GSR Twerbo FTW

projectgsr
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
it doesn't necessarily have to be a 2001. That same body style came out in (don't quote me on this) I think either 97' or 98'. but yeah obviously the newer the better because with exceptions there is a better chance of it being in better condition. unless of course the 2001 has too many miles on it or the previous owner beat the hell out of it. but anyways, yeah, great car.

96 ls
11-28-2006, 02:03 AM
I think you should ditch the Integra and get a 5th generation Prelude. Better and more fun to drive IMO. I have a 1996 LS and yes I've driven GSR's before and I have a 1998 Prelude Type SH. Preludes is a way better car hands down.

projectgsr
11-28-2006, 01:29 PM
WOW it's be over a month and then somebody replies to this post again. Anyways everybody is entitled to their opinion but lets first clear up the fact that we are comparing a Type R integra, not a GSR or LS. But with that said and with also mentioning that I have driven a few and even considered buying a Type SH Lude, I would still way rather have my GSR (not to even mention ITR) than a Prelude. First of all the Preludes are much heavier. And virtually any motor swap you can perform in a Lude you can likewise in a Teg. I must admit that the stock handling is impressive on the SH, but so is my GSR with the suspension work that i have done to it. In the end it all comes down to preference. But if you need a little help along the way, I will also mention that I have never been beaten by a Lude. "Man, your car is so fast". That is a quote from a coworker at my last job after I beat him with my 95' GSR against his 99' Lude. My car was stock and he had a few minor mods. Anyways my intentions are not to try to offend anybody. I'm just using this forum for what its intended for. I think what rubbed me wrong was saying that the Prelude was better "hands down". Not even close. There is a reason it went extinct.

96 ls
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
You're right everyone has different opinions on things. With a Prelude you don't have to work on the suspension to have it handle good stock while for the Integra, you have to get springs and shocks or some coilovers. I've never lost to a GSR myself. I have a few friends with GSR's and they never beaten me.

Schister66
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
personally i like the GSR....i have one, i boosted it, i love it.....Boosted GSR > ITR anyday and its going to cost about the same in the end

Add your comment to this topic!