Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 P/A Strut bearing plate

tegger
10-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Do I need to compress the spring to drop down the strut on the 'front passenger side' to change the bearing plate or not?

Cntrysthbst
10-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Yes! If your going to replace the strut mount/plate you need to compress the spring before you do that. You can remove the front strut assb. from the vehicle without compressing it, just don't remove the large center nut on the strut tower, the three smaller nuts are the ones you need to remove on the top side. You don't remove that large nut at the strut mount/plate till after you get the spring compressed.

tegger
10-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks, next question! Where is the 'EGR Valve' located at? I had a guy at AutoZone try to find it and he could not locate it! Its not any where near the front right side of the motor that they thought it should be! 3800 engine. My brother 3800 in his G/Prix is on the driver side of the engine, but not mine! Thanks for your help!

Cntrysthbst
10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
I was told that some 92 and 93 models did not have an EGR. I got this info from this form when I posted about where my EGR was. My 92 PA with out supercharger did not have an EGR valve. I can give more info but this should really start on a new thread with the title about EGR. Plus you may get more responses about this. Thanks

tegger
10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I was told that some 92 and 93 models did not have an EGR. I got this info from this form when I posted about where my EGR was. My 92 PA with out supercharger did not have an EGR valve. I can give more info but this should really start on a new thread with the title about EGR. Plus you may get more responses about this. Thanks

GREAT, Thanks for the reply! I was wondering if mine did not have one! My title say my car is a 92, but the dealer said it was a 93 back about 10 yrs. ago!

Add your comment to this topic!