Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

talon blues

rlibke
10-07-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a 95 eagle talon 2.0 turbo am having trouble with. the engine has been replaced with a 1st gen. with the 95 head on it. the engine is running so rich it turns the sparkplugs black in minutes, runs very rough, or dies. it has 170 lbs. cranking compression on all cylinders. i have been told it should have about 18lbs. vacuum at idle but it is only about 12. i have checked vacuum hose routing and condition and everything looks good. any ideas?

sganc4life_4
10-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Do a leak down test and a boost leak test. Sounds like you might have a disconnect vacuum line possibly. Do you hear hissing when the car is running from anywhere?

Edit: P.S. Thanks for typing so I didnt have to try to decipher "retard" aka good grammar and using the proper subforums :), it means a lot to us here on AF.com and also, welcome to the community.

rlibke
10-07-2006, 10:40 PM
I'll try the tests and search the lines again. I can't hear any extra hissing but i'll check anyway. Thanks for the compliment, I dont like to try to figure out whatend someone is trying to scrach either!

rlibke
10-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I have made progress! I could'nt get a hold of the guages for the leak tests but I confermed no vacuum leaks. Also previously I did'nt have all the clamps tightened on the hoses for the air intake. I tightened them all up to make sure there was'nt noise interfearing with hereing vacuum leaks and could'nt believemy ears! I still need to get a muffler on it and fresher gas. With that done I think it will be a lot better running. Thanks for the help!

david-b
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Fresher gas? What's in there now?

rlibke
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
The car had been setting for possibly a year.

sganc4life_4
10-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Yea that could be it, the gas probably separated.

rlibke
10-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I got fresh everything in the car and it runs great now! Thanks for the help!

Add your comment to this topic!