Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Dodge Caravan AC blower motor resister

csollock
10-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Can someone tell me where this resistor is located and how to replace it. I have had it done several times and it keeps going out. It only blows on high speeds. It is getting too expensive to have it done. TJhanks!

earlyrizr
10-07-2006, 05:54 PM
the blower motor resistor block is located behind the glove box,if the resistor keeps needing replacement I would suggest that the motor is going bad and putting too much resistance or something is shorting out somewhere.how long does one last before it needs replacing?

csollock
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info! The resistor lasts for a month or so. The service shops have not spotted any other problems. My brother-in-law has had the same problem on his caravan. There wasn't any problem for the first several years. I figure you are right. If I have to keep changing it out until the real problem show its ugly head, I can't afford to pay a service shop to do it for sure. We have been putting up with the blower only running on high speeds for long periods of time in between the service shop trips.
CSollock

placer1
03-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I have the blower motor cover off but have no idea where the resister is located. where is it

Stretch58
03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
By the way, forgot to mention that if your car has a Cabin Air Filter, could very well be plugged up and restricting air flow enough to overheat the resistor pack and maybe result in excessive motor current. I don't know if the filter is applicable to your model but if it is, I would change it.
Try this also
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=1294&highlight=cabin+air+filter

RIP
03-20-2007, 10:06 PM
This thread is full of info and pics about the system: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=340871

usmailman956
04-13-2007, 02:34 PM
The blower motor is pulling to many amps causing resistor to overheat and blow. My 01 Voyager had this problem purchased a blower motor at salvage for a 05 with few miles on it so far after 6 month resistor still has not blown

Add your comment to this topic!