Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

should i rebuild it?

servo411
09-04-2002, 01:26 PM
about two and a half years ago my 87 gxl rx-7 got hit in the front, crushed the bumper both fenders are bent and the hood was creased pretty bad. cracked the radiator too. it's been sitting for a while and since it's been sitting the exhaust was stolen off of it. now, here's my question. should i rebuild it and if so how will it run if at all and if it's worth it . it's got about 140k on it with about 10k on a new clutch. i can get the body panels and other stuff but i more worried about mechanicals

RXtony7
09-05-2002, 06:29 PM
How long has it been sitting? If to long the motor will more than likely be locked up. If you're gonna try to get it running again, drain and change all the fluids first. You may need to do the ATF trick to get it going. You can see how to do that on rx7club.com just do a search for it. If you can replace the body panels I would go for it, get that rotary running and back on the road (or just leave it in my driveway one night while I'm asleep with the title on the seat:D ) Best of luck.

sac_crx
11-20-2002, 12:58 AM
I know it's an old topic, but just in case you or someone else need info on the ATF trick, you can find one of'em here:

http://www.mazspeed.com/atf.htm

Good luck:)

Add your comment to this topic!