Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Kinda wrecked my car. Need some help.

vanilla gorilla
10-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Anyways. I kinda slid my car off the road and into a field. It hit the field pretty hard...was nasty. Anyway it just knocked the paint off my bumper, sand blasted a rim, knocked the tire off the passenger rim. The passenger side of the car is what was damaged, because it hit a rut pretty hard. Anyway, now the car pulls to the right. I jacked it up to look at the damage and It looked like my front sway bar was tweaked some so I replaced it with an RM racing sway bar. By the way, i recently lowered the car like 2 inches with KYB GR2 struts and Eibach Sportline Springs. Anyways, I thought just an alignment would fix my problem but while staring at the car today I noticed that I may have a bigger problem than I thought. :disappoin The passenger side rim is pushed close to the back of the fender well towards the door instead of being in the middle like the drivers side. I took some pics to compare. I hope I didn't F my car up too bad. It hurts my heart to see it like this :frown: . I would appreciate if anyone would look at my pics and try to give me some suggestions of what the hell is damaged....

Good Side:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/nilla_pimp/DCP_0018-2.jpg

Bad Side:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/nilla_pimp/DCP_0016-4.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/nilla_pimp/DCP_0017-3.jpg

Thanks for any help.

l_eclipse_l
10-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Shit dude....that's def. more than your alignment being off lol.

Sorry to say it, but I am guessing this will cost you some money.

EDMUND65
10-05-2006, 09:51 PM
What made you go off the road? That could be frame damage. You should take it to a highly skilled body shop that can analyze the front end and measure whether its out of wack. Then go from there.

PS> if you wrecked your car you wouldn't beable to drive it....

Blackcrow64
10-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm thinking you bent everything connected to the hub back a little bit... Thats gonna be expensive to fix dude.

EDMUND65
10-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking you bent everything connected to the hub back a little bit... Thats gonna be expensive to fix dude.

Agreed:icon16:

Blackcrow64
10-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't think the frame could be bent cause then you would have panels not lining up properly. ea; hood, fenders, doors, etc... Body lines would just be all screwed up. With your wheel being that much off then you should be able to eyeball down the side and tell if your frame is bent or not... I'm really leaning towards everything connected to the hub...

vanilla gorilla
10-05-2006, 10:31 PM
No I don't think the frame is bent. Actually when I waas up under the car I couldn't tell anything was wrong with it. I just now noticed the hub being pushed back...

It freaking sucks. Everytime I get one thing done, something goes wrong. Here lately I've just been wanting to give up on it, but I can't do that.

Add your comment to this topic!