03 Montana Engine Light ON and Codes

ar455
10-05-2006, 04:10 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any luck with these engine codes and if anybody can tell me how to trouble shoot these codes. Stored DTC's are P0102, P0141, P0443 and Pending DTC's are P0102, P0141 . Thanks in advance.

GregA
10-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any luck with these engine codes and if anybody can tell me how to trouble shoot these codes. Stored DTC's are P0102, P0141, P0443 and Pending DTC's are P0102, P0141 . Thanks in advance.
I have a list of what the codes mean at the following page: Diagnostic Test Codes (http://www.my-chevy-venture.com/dtc-list.html)

Looks like three different issues. As for troubleshooting, I would start by checking to connections to all the sensors involved with those codes and go from there. If you don't have a manual, I would get one.

Take Care,

MT-2500
10-06-2006, 06:25 PM

code P0102 is a mass air flow sensor code.
141 is a 02 sensor heater code
443 is not a code for your van.
Clear codes and see what returns.
Any air intake leaks from filter to tbi?
Any aftermarket air filters.
Are you testing with the air filter or MAF sensor unpluged or air intake hose not on it?
Have you tryed cleaning MAF sensor?
What is the mileage or tune up history?
MT

ar455
10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
code P0102 is a mass air flow sensor code.
141 is a 02 sensor heater code
443 is not a code for your van.
Clear codes and see what returns.
Any air intake leaks from filter to tbi?
Any aftermarket air filters.
Are you testing with the air filter or MAF sensor unpluged or air intake hose not on it?
Have you tryed cleaning MAF sensor?
What is the mileage or tune up history?
MT
No air intake leaks from filter to the tbi after close inspection. I did replace the air filter which was very bad and plugged with dirt and sand and oil from getting it rust protected. I replaced the filter with a OEM one. Thinking this was the problem for code P0102. I have not proceeded to test anything yet or try cleaning the MAF and the mileage is about 40K with no tune ups beside the new air filter. I cleared all DTC's with my reader ( INNOVA 1003C ) and the engine light came back on with only one code P0102 again with pending codes P0102, P0141, P0443. Should I try cleaning the MAF sensor which was pretty clean when i looked at last upon Airfilter replacement and I don't understand the testing part of MAF sensor you described.
Thanks in advance

MT-2500
10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
No air intake leaks from filter to the tbi after close inspection. I did replace the air filter which was very bad and plugged with dirt and sand and oil from getting it rust protected. I replaced the filter with a OEM one. Thinking this was the problem for code P0102. I have not proceeded to test anything yet or try cleaning the MAF and the mileage is about 40K with no tune ups beside the new air filter. I cleared all DTC's with my reader ( INNOVA 1003C ) and the engine light came back on with only one code P0102 again with pending codes P0102, P0141, P0443. Should I try cleaning the MAF sensor which was pretty clean when i looked at last upon Airfilter replacement and I don't understand the testing part of MAF sensor you described.
Thanks in advance

They make a spray on MAF sensor or you can use carb cleaner.
Spray the little wires and resistors in it real good an air dry and try it.
testing requires some electrical equipment and a good scanner.
First test is to check the baro and air flow readings with a scanner.
MT

Add your comment to this topic!