Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crank sensor location for a Cav. Z24 1995

Cayey57
10-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Can Anyone let me know? I need to fix this car, my wife is going to "KILL ME". Please Help!!!!!!:banghead:

Blue Bowtie
10-07-2006, 10:16 AM
You neglected to specify which engine is intalled in the vehicle. It could be presumed that the "Z24:" model would have a 2.3L DOHC, but the may not be the case.

If the car has the 2.3L, the CKP is mounted into the block above and to the right of the oil filter mounting boss.

If the car has the 2.2L engine, the CKP is bolted into the block just above the oil pan rail on the right (rear) side of the engine, which is usually just below the ignition coils.

Cayey57
10-07-2006, 04:12 PM
You neglected to specify which engine is intalled in the vehicle. It could be presumed that the "Z24:" model would have a 2.3L DOHC, but the may not be the case.

If the car has the 2.3L, the CKP is mounted into the block above and to the right of the oil filter mounting boss.

If the car has the 2.2L engine, the CKP is bolted into the block just above the oil pan rail on the right (rear) side of the engine, which is usually just below the ignition coils.

Thanks Blue Bowtie,
I was :screwy: like this when I ask the question. Thank you.

Cayey57

Add your comment to this topic!