Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

d16a6 engine rebuild

thefooshmeister
10-04-2006, 12:25 AM
alright heres the deal i have two d16a6's and i need to make a working motor out of them. if one of the rods broke would i still be able to use the block? its not messed up (no cracks anywhere, some nicks inside)but im worried that it wouldnt have the same compression and would just blow again once i put it back together. i dont kno what would cause the rod to break in the first place. ill get some pics up soon of what they look like. im pullin the hatchs motor on saturday but ive already begun breaking down my old crx one. the heads on both of them look fine since the bottom end was what went out but could something in the head have caused the problem?

Schister66
10-04-2006, 12:03 PM
bring the block to a machine shop and see what they can do about the small chips in the cylinder bore...you might just have to bore it .20" over and get a larger set of pistons...Nothing in the head should have caused the bottom end to go out....nothing that i can think of anyway

thefooshmeister
10-06-2006, 11:58 AM
would it be possible to use the carriage around the crank from a z6 engine and put it into the a6? i found a z6 bottom end and tranny at the junkyard so im thinkin i might just find a z6 head and put a sohc vtec in but im not sure yet cuz i have all these a6 parts layin around.

is the z6 tranny better than the a6 one?

Schister66
10-06-2006, 02:31 PM
^^ that i dont know...post this on Honda-tech and you'll get more responses...the Honda section on AF has kind of died in the last year :(

Add your comment to this topic!