Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is the 350Z the best car to get for me after having an RSX?

2k2-RSX
09-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Hello, I am new to this board but I am a true lover of the new 350Z. I saw my first one on the road last week and I could hardly stop looking at it.

Anyways, I recently purchased a 2002 rsx non type-s last october, and I will now be able to upgrade to a car if i choose. My budget is around $35K US (or like 45K canadian). What i want in my next car is a true sports car with a lot of power that is an import, not domestic. Is the 350 the best bang for the buck right now in terms of performance/handling? I was also thinking about the s2000, can the 350z beat it performance wise?

Or do u think i should wait a couple years and see what comes out on the market by then and see if the 350 comes out with a new model?

Any comments are appreciated!

catjogo
09-04-2002, 12:04 AM
I've been driving my new Z for about 2 weeks now. My other car is a 96 Acura Integra, which I really love driving.
So I don't think my situation is much different than yours. I'm sure the RSX is a fine car, as most Acuras are, but there's no comparison between the Acura and the Z.
As far as waiting for somthing else, well, somthing else better will always come along.
When I first read about the Z I was really impressed with the technology, and sophistication of the car. Other cars may be faster, but so what. The people who used to drive those British sports cars weren"t too concerned about those things.
I've put about 2K on my new Z so far, and I couldn't be more satisfied.
The handeling limits are beyond my limits, I've hit 130 mph. a few times with ease, and it's extremely stable.
I'm keeping my Integra for the time being, just for bad weather, and shopping.
Hey, if you can swing it, buy the Z...Joe

carlson
09-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 2k2-RSX
I was also thinking about the s2000, can the 350z beat it performance wise?

If straight line, stop light to stop light racing is what performance is to you, yes, the 350Z will beat an S2000, hands down.

Add your comment to this topic!