Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Horn

Andrewhuffman
10-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Recently I started my quest of fixing my horn. I first checked my fuses and took my airbag off. I didnt know what do with the airbag, i was just checking wires. so i went to i uncles shop and pulled the actual horn. upon installation i noticed it was simply unpluged. so with a quick snap at the harness, the horn was active and lound. Dones not trun off. it continously is blowing with out presing it. any suggestions. someone suggested a bad (AGH, I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT ITS CALLED, LIKE A FUSE BUT BIGGER.:icon16: :icon16: ) any body know which one it is, or what i can check?:licka: :licka:

Bassasasin
10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Check your BCM?
Body Control Module
It has the relay that activates the horn..

Which year?
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/15/ec/20/0900823d8015ec20.jsp

Alibi
10-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the relay is stuck shut. A new relay is about $10.

Bassasasin
10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
A junker may be free... Im sure there are relays out there.
We have U-Pull it.. and U-Wrench it.. Wreck yards here.
But.. $10 aint bad for the convenience.
Might could whack the old one.

Good Luck.

Alibi
10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Personally, I don't trust junkyard electronics.

Andrewhuffman
10-04-2006, 09:10 AM
my 1995 leabre. :grinyes:

Yesterday i tested further and found the problem to bee the swich above the airbag. looks like the only to fis is to discharge the airbag, or cut it open. i agaisnt that so my alternate solution is mointing new swich odd to the side of the horn.:icon16:

i already unpluged the wires under the horn and stuck them out to the side. if i touch the two wires together with a screwdriver, the work likes it supost to.:evillol:

Andrewhuffman
10-04-2006, 09:11 AM
my 1995 leabre. :grinyes:

Yesterday i tested further and found the problem to bee the swich above the airbag. looks like the only to fis is to discharge the airbag, or cut it open. i agaisnt that so my alternate solution is mointing new swich odd to the side of the horn.:icon16:

i already unpluged the wires under the horn and stuck them out to the side. if i touch the two wires together with a screwdriver, the work likes it supost to.:evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!