Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 stalling, this seems unique

antxxny
10-02-2006, 07:42 AM
I've read similar issues to mine but none like this. For about 3 months now my Jimmy will intermitently stall. Sometimes it will start right back up, sometimes not. When it will not restart I will use starting fluid and it will fire back up. When I use the starting fluid the engine will knock for the first 10 seconds then smooth out. (all ignition parts are new and working correctly, fuel pump was new 4 years ago, fuel filter 1 year, had fuel injector seals replaced last year.) If there is any tendency I have noticed it seems to stall more during cool damp nights. I have heard the trouble could be related to the crank sensor. There is a strong smell of gasoline around the back of the truck but no sign of a gas leak. (replaced gas lines during fuel pump replacement) I have 3 mortgages until my old house sells and I can not afford to replace parts one at a time hoping to find the fix!!! Does anyone have any idea what this could be? If you don't, could you buy my old house instead?? Thanks! ;)

maxwedge
10-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Check fuel pressure when this happens, for starters.

Add your comment to this topic!