Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Rodeo, 3.2 idle air control/CEL/tranny

lyricfoto
10-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Ok, I have been having the IAC issues, dying on start, then high idle at times. I have seen many posts on this, however, my 2000 rodeo does not seem to have the IAC on the throttle body as many other posts indicate. I called a dealer to inquire about the part, and they said something about an idle air or idle speed sensor, which apparently lives inside the throttle body...any help?

I also have my CEL on intermittently, once every few weeks it will come on for a few hours to a day or so. The code read random misfire in one or more cylinders. The thing is, the Rodeo doesn't run any differently when the light is on than when it's off, which is why i have kind of ignored it. The first time, i changed all the plugs, but that was it. Could the IAC/something similar be the culprit?

This SUv has also had a rebuilt tranny in the last year, which now has a slow seepng leak which two different shops have been able to fix properly. The most recent Aamco put in new pan gaskets, but the seepage began after a month or so.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

amigo-2k
10-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Miss fires and idle issue usually point to a bad intake manifold gasket.

There is one common place for a tranny leak see the FAQ's for more info.

rodeo02
10-02-2006, 05:31 AM
... I have seen many posts on this, however, my 2000 rodeo does not seem to have the IAC on the throttle body as many other posts indicate...

Where did you see posts that indicate this? It's a well documented fact that 2000+ 3.2/3.5's use electronic throttle control (throttle by wire). This system uses no IAC. Idle speed is controlled by the ECM. Like Ryan says, your problem probably stems from a vacuum leak caused by a bad IMG.

Joel

lyricfoto
10-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. today i found the leak on the tranny (shifter seal) and replaced, hopefully that will take care of that.

Also had the codes read again: random misfires, and air speed sensor low voltage. hopefully this a simpe sensor issue (the one on the intake).

pardon my ignorance, looking through many posts about the IAC, didn't find very many that specifically mentioned 2000 3.2 throttle by wire.

amigo-2k
10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
btt.

I knew I read this before.....

Add your comment to this topic!