1994 Pontiac Bonneville Stalling Problems

Sixstringax
09-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi,

I have a 94 Pontiac Bonneville SSE.
63,590 Miles on the car.
Starting about 2 months ago the car started to have Stalling problems.
When i'm driving and i have to make a turn or stop at a light and i take my foot off the gas the RPM's will start to move up and down. Nothing big they just move up and down and when i come to a full stop they still move up and down and you can hear the engine revving. Also when it starts to jump if my lights are on they will flash very quickly almost like their losing power, it only happens when the engine RPMS start to move. And when im stopped and i take my foot of the break and put my foot on the gas the car will hesitate or it will just drop and stall out.
Usually 95% of the time the car starts up perfectly but stalls again very soon.

I'v taken the car to the local Pontiac Dealership and they'v had it for 2-3 weeks total. They keep claiming the car is fixed but the car still has the same problem when i get it back.
I'v spent ton's of money trying to solve this problem.
Someone please help me out i don't know what to do.
I'm almost convinced myself to just buy a new car.

Bassasasin
09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I will try to help..

First, what has been done so far?
The fact that the Dealer has looked at it is interesting.

Bad wiring or short somewhere can be hard to find especially during that 95% of the time its working.
If it gets worse, its easier to troubleshoot.
Can you make it worse. Does it do it more when hot or cold?.
Does the problem have a favorite place on your daily routine drive.?

Measuring voltage all the time is a good start. Measure voltage while driving.

BASS

ChemMan
10-01-2006, 01:31 PM
EGR valve all carboned up and leaking?:dunno:

Sixstringax
10-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Well i'm not good with engines and such so replacing parts would be through some mechanic which will probaly be costly.

The dealer replaced the oxygen sensors telling me that would fix it.
Didn't.
It's been in 4 times and thats the only think i know that they did.
i wanna take it back again but i don't wanna pay another 500 for them to not fix my problem so. i'm not sure what to do really..

Bassasasin
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
The car is worth $2000...or more with that low mileage. as a guess ...
Look through the billing.. and check what they have done.

If you can disconnect the battery for 20 seconds it will reset all the commputer settings.
It may help...

Good luck.

ChemMan
10-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Well i'm not good with engines and such so replacing parts would be through some mechanic which will probaly be costly.

The dealer replaced the oxygen sensors telling me that would fix it.
Didn't.
It's been in 4 times and thats the only think i know that they did.
i wanna take it back again but i don't wanna pay another 500 for them to not fix my problem so. i'm not sure what to do really..

Try another mechanic! The best thing to do is find someone that is a competent diy and ask him/her which mechanic they would take the car to if they absolutely had to. I know I shudder at the thought of someone else working on my car, so I would make darn sure that shop knew what they were doing. Or, you could go into an autoparts store and ask one of the counter people. Just don't go into one of those chain stores, you'll only be wasting your time. Find a small time parts store and ask someone there if they know a good mechanic. My father works for a independant parts dealer and they will always be able to recommend someone that knows what they are doing.

Good Luck!:2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!