Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nitrous diagram?

erb
09-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Can anyone help me get a really good diagram for the wiring of a 4cyl. motor? Any help will be appriciated.

Also is there such a thing as a Front Mount Cold Air Intake?

daklunk
09-30-2006, 06:04 PM
For nitrous diagrams, go to www.nosnitrous.com and look through their catalog and select a few items (I use the 4 cyl Fogger kit for reference) and you can get Adobe Reader downloads of the owner's manual and instructions. Very very helpful.

What to you mean by FMCAI? An intake with the filter exposed at the main bumper hole? I haven't seen any kits, but that doesn't mean you can't make one. There is something that puts a filter type thing that looks like an FMIC in that hole, but that's pretty ricey. Most of the CAI kits have the filter in a location where it gets good airflow from low to the ground, but is still blocked from major road debris and bugs and small animals crossing the road...

Hope i've helped...

erb
09-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Yes you did thanks for the link. The ones FMCAI looks similar to an intercooler. Maybe there is no such thing, but thanks for te help.

freakray
09-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Never seen a FMCAI which looks like an intercooler.

Are you thinking of an open element box filter on an air intake perhaps? Subaru used those on their WRC cars in 2000 and 2001.

erb
09-30-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.ppsonline.net/images/AirIntakeFrontMountClose.JPG

freakray
09-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I was refering to, that one has a metal section over the element, but it's the same deal.

erb
09-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Okay im sure it is not the most efficent design but it does look god in my opioin.

daklunk
10-03-2006, 05:05 PM
No what I'm thinking of is meant to look like an intercooler, so it looks like your car is boosted... It's in a JC Whitney catalog I used to have... :disappoin And that was honestly part of the sales pitch, that your car would look and feel like it was boosted with out having to buy a turbo and IC system :slap::rofl:

Add your comment to this topic!