Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mx3 gs questions.

mazza-man
09-29-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a 1993 mx3 GS and it has a 1.8 v6 in it and runs like crap. I was woundering what i could do to this car to get it back up on its heels ans run like a champ. Its automatic by the way. I just wanna trick it out and have a decent car. So if anyone has any ideas plz leave them.

Thanks.

JimR
10-04-2006, 07:41 PM
crap could be a lot of things, so you need to explain a bit, just so u know you wont get much help from these people, they dont know S**t about there car

mx3man
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
crap could be a lot of things, so you need to explain a bit, just so u know you wont get much help from these people, they dont know S**t about there car

Speak for youself.

As far as tricking out your car goes, it really depends what your budget is and what you're looking to get out of this car.

If you want to fix the problems with your car, then you need to explain a little bit better what exactly is going on so that we can help you out!

If you're looking to get some power out of your car and spank some decent cars on the road, then a KLZE (2.5L Japanese motor from an MX6, 626 or Eunos). The motor is a bolt on swap and is very easy to do. I did it by myself when I was 17, with little to no knowledge about the car at all. I did a lot of research from other people who have done the swap before, bought the parts slowly and eventually went at it.

Pricewise, you're looking at about 2G's to get the motor in your car, running and all(since yours is an automatic, it will cost more to swap to a manual tranny... theres no use putting a kze with an auto tranny!!). The motor is obviously the most expensive component and can be had for about 700-800 bucks these days. You'll need a new clutch, since this motor has about crank 197hp (you measly 130hp stock clutch wwill not handle this power at all). There are a vast variety of clutches on the market such as Centerforce (very streetable, comfortable clutch that handles the power nicely. If you plan on drag racing with it on a weekly basis... You might be disappointed.), the ACT clutches are far stronger but a little less forgiving in traffic. This is the choice if you're going to the track or don't mind the slightly stiffer pedal.

The ECU also needs to be changed. You're looking for a KL31 or KL36 ECU.

Before I go on and on, do a little bit of research on this board, and mx-3.com and you should find your answer. If you have any specific questions, let us knnow!

mechExp
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I have a 1993 mx3 GS and it has a 1.8 v6 in it and runs like crap. I was woundering what i could do to this car to get it back up on its heels ans run like a champ. Its automatic by the way. I just wanna trick it out and have a decent car. So if anyone has any ideas plz leave them.

Thanks. do the simple stuff first pull ur cap and rotor look for crack marks from point to point big issue with the cap and rotors plugs and wires as well MAP sensors on an older vech go bad to im not saying its all those things but start with the cheaper stuff first does it run rough in drive or what check motor mounts as well see if the rubber is broke in the mounts ez check on the mounts if its an auto is have a friend help with this have him hold hte break really hard put it in drive and hold brake and give it some gas watch the motor if it looks like it rocks A LOT check he rubber in the mount if its broke u will see it.

LAS48
05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I have 95 mx3, bad idle problems, dealer said new spark plugs and wires, did that, same problem, at a stop the car wants to die

Add your comment to this topic!