Nissan Skylines True Specs

GTRkid
09-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi, I am a new member, and I am a true Skyline Lover, anyway,
I just wanted to clear things up on the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR,
many say the Skyline only has 276hp, BUT thats not true, the nissan skyline is required in japan to have that spec, thats why nissan put a governor and a restrictor plate on the gtr, the governor restricts the to speed from 183mph to just 155mph, if you dont believe this look at any japanese supercar, any one that goes over 155 mph legaly in japan has to have a governor, and the restrictor plate reduces air flow which lowers hp from 328hp to, you guesed it 276hp, and it increases the acceleration from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds to 5.07 seconds, also many people say 276 hp is too low for twin turbos, but the twin turbos are adjustable, the stock is just 5PSI for the skyline R34 but is adjustable up to 25PSI, now I dont know how many people know this, but I have a friend with a skyline, and actually you can get 600hp by just adjusting the stock parts, and with some, okay alot of money the stock skyline engine can be upgraded to a max of 1600hp, know thats amazing, now the skyline was built to be modified, two more things, most people think the skyline is a sport compact, but the size and weight(3676lbs) make it legaly a sedan, the last thing is I read something on this site (skyline Vs Supra) and they said the supra had better stock specs but the supra stock specs, with the governor and restrictor plate removed is 310hp, 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, and a top speed of 178mph and its TWIN thats right not a single turbo as someone else said can only be adjusted up to 20PSI, so thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed the truth.

HellBent
09-30-2006, 04:39 AM
many say the Skyline only has 276hp, BUT thats not true, the nissan skyline is required in japan to have that spec, thats why nissan put a governor and a restrictor plate on the gtr, the governor restricts the to speed from 183mph to just 155mph, if you dont believe this look at any japanese supercar, any one that goes over 155 mph legaly in japan has to have a governor, and the restrictor plate reduces air flow which lowers hp from 328hp to, you guesed it 276hp, and it increases the acceleration from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds to 5.07 seconds, also many people say 276 hp is too low for twin turbos, but the twin turbos are adjustable, the stock is just 5PSI for the skyline R34 but is adjustable up to 25PSI, now I dont know how many people know this, but I have a friend with a skyline, and actually you can get 600hp by just adjusting the stock parts, and with some, okay alot of money the stock skyline engine can be upgraded to a max of 1600hp, know thats amazing, now the skyline was built to be modified, two more things, most people think the skyline is a sport compact, but the size and weight(3676lbs) make it legaly a sedan, the last thing is I read something on this site (skyline Vs Supra) and they said the supra had better stock specs but the supra stock specs, with the governor and restrictor plate removed is 310hp, 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, and a top speed of 178mph and its TWIN thats right not a single turbo as someone else said can only be adjusted up to 20PSI, so thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed the truth.

Take a deep breath and step back from the keyboard kid.

First there is no govenor or restrictor plate on the GTR. The top speed is actually electronically limited to 200 kph (120 mph). Second, the GTR pulls about 300 hp from the factory (depending on who you believe), which is actually pretty impressive for a factory twin turbo 2.6 Liter engine designed in the late 1980s. (With all the emissions restrictions we are barely doing better than that today.) Third, you have been seriously misled if you think 600 hp can be made by merely adjusting stock parts.

The skyline GTR is a great car, but it is just one of many...

-AL

GTRkid
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
lol, you really need to get smarter, a Skyline does have a restrictor plate, and the governor does bring the top speed down to 155mph, its top speed is 183, and you do know I am talking about an 02 right, anyway, the skyline on 2 Fast 2 Furious was left completly stock when drove it in the movie, except, they removed the governor, and removed the for wheel drive and steering system which increased the 0-60 time, and lowered the top speed, and they still got the 02 Skyline up to 167mph you idiot.

my99cavy
10-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I was looking at this and was wondering where you were getting your information from??

Because I know that '99 GTR R34

Engine - Inline-6, TT
Power - 276bhp @ 6800
Torque - 216 @ 4400
156 cu in

Weight - 3672
0-62mph - 5.2
Top speed - 155

*EDIT* after further internet surfing I found this

Similar to earlier versions, the RB26DETT drives the GT-R forward with an official 280hp at 6800rpm (restricted by the Japanese government). But as the UK GT-R Club found out, 328hp at 6,400rpm seem to be the real output. Modified camshafts for improved valve timing and a new stainless steel exhaust system with reduced back pressure make the engine more flexible thanks to a better torque curve and higher peak-output of 400Nm (289lb-ft) at 4400rpm. These changes have also made this RB26DETT smoother and quieter in comparison to earlier versions.
Additionally, turbo spool-up time is enhanced by the new smaller twin ceramic turbochargers which feature variable boost timing, work with a maximum pressure of 0.4bar and use twin ball-bearings to minimize friction. Even though, as known from most turbo engines, there is quite some lag until the blowers really start going about their job at about 3500rpm. But since the redline is still at an impressive 8000rpm, there remain plenty of revs to work with.

http://www.jbskyline.net/R34/GTR/index2.php

HellBent
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM
lol, you really need to get smarter, a Skyline does have a restrictor plate, and the governor does bring the top speed down to 155mph, its top speed is 183, and you do know I am talking about an 02 right, anyway, the skyline on 2 Fast 2 Furious was left completly stock when drove it in the movie, except, they removed the governor, and removed the for wheel drive and steering system which increased the 0-60 time, and lowered the top speed, and they still got the 02 Skyline up to 167mph you idiot.

I'll stand by the fact that there is no restrictor plate and no govenor. Restrictor plates are for race cars and the engine computer (ECU) electronically limits the speed.

Since you are smarter feel free to pull up a copy of the service manual in question and show me the restrictor plate and govenor. I presume you are basing your assumptions on reading the service manual or actually working on an RB26DETT?

-AL

GTRkid
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Sorry for the lake of responses for the last week and a half, and yes I have worked on a skyline, anyway, I will get back to you on the website tommorow
morning since its getting late I cant remember and cant find it,

Real GTR
10-16-2006, 12:08 AM

:bs: :wtf:

You are so missinformed:

First of Stock 34 turbos will on hit around at most 1.5 bar ish at most but they won't last long which would put you in the 400 range. Stock turbo aren't capable of making 600hp.

Second there is quite a bit of modification need to get above the 400~450 mark.
Just to educate you a little the stock injectors are 444cc which will get you 400hp to the ground. If that dosent get you the stock MAF's limit you to around 450 to the wheels.

Third the stock oil pump can't support that much hp.

Last the stock clutch wouldn't hold that much.

P.S. you'd also need cams too stock ones cant make 600

Sorry but this is the truth and the facts.:owned: :bs:

cubes
10-19-2006, 03:17 AM
GTRKid,

Stop taking the piss out of everyone. :P

naztech
11-07-2006, 01:50 AM
:bs: :wtf:

You are so missinformed:

First of Stock 34 turbos will on hit around at most 1.5 bar ish at most but they won't last long which would put you in the 400 range. Stock turbo aren't capable of making 600hp.

Second there is quite a bit of modification need to get above the 400~450 mark.
Just to educate you a little the stock injectors are 444cc which will get you 400hp to the ground. If that dosent get you the stock MAF's limit you to around 450 to the wheels.

Third the stock oil pump can't support that much hp.

Last the stock clutch wouldn't hold that much.

P.S. you'd also need cams too stock ones cant make 600

Sorry but this is the truth and the facts.:owned: :bs:

Hi,

you r right , the the stock turbo will not put the gtr in 600hp even in the flywheel.
but, i do belive it can do 1.5 bar but not for long time.
i have gtr34 v-spec and befor switching to single t04z, i was doing 1.5 bar on the stock twins,and the A/R ratio was 11.4 and was no knocking at all.
and the injector d/c was in 65%

i used water injection, wide band o2,700cc injector,264cams on that leve of boost.

it depends on the tuner.:naughty:

MetalHeadZaid
11-13-2006, 10:32 AM
i hate the skyline section. ever soo much.

reme786
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi all
just intoduce myself as im new to this forum, you will normally find me on www.gtr.co.uk (http://www.gtr.co.uk)
just to help and pass comment from experience on GTR`s.
Ok GTRkid, please take note dont believe everything what you read and hear in the school yard.
The standard jap spec car is limited to 112mph, but you can delimit them.
The only GTR that was limited to 155mph was the uk spec R33 and R34. this was done by Nissan Middlehurst along with other upgrades. Such as engine oil cooler. transfer box cooler,gearbox oil cooler and diff oil cooler.
All GTR models produced over the 280bhp with R34 producing most at a approx 330bhp ish at the flywheel. Standard boost is 0.8bar. Owners dont normally go above 1bar as the cermaic exhaust blades are only bonded on and they fall off and normally get eated by the engine. Causing alot of internal damage, if you are lucky it just get shot out of the exhaust. Even with uprated steel internal the turbos are to small to get anything over 450bhp. You can get them run more boost but you have machine the housing ie make them bigger.
Also would have disagree with the AFM they are good to upto 500bhp as the old man has a Uk spec R33 GTR with the Nissan Uk approved Middlehurst 480bhp conversion kit fitted. Spec goes like this
HKS 680cc injectors
HKS GTSS turbos
HKS 1.2mm headgasket
Apexi airfilters
HKS 264 cams
HKS vernier cam wheels
HKS downpipes
Sports cat
HKS silent high power
middlehurst 480 ECU
Standard AFM
Nismo uprated clutch and pressure plate

this is producing a safe 480bhp. To create a safe 600bhp you would have go damn sight further.
Here are a couple of pics of my car and my father on my wedding day
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/56794-wedding-day-pictures.html

reme786
11-13-2006, 03:04 PM
PS dont shoot me down in flames, Im not the worlds expert but do know a bit about GTR`s. Also remember everyone has a opinion even if its the wrong one LOL

GTRkid
12-02-2006, 11:58 PM
ok, sorry for the long wait, I fried my computer but have finnaly got a new one, and also sorry for shooting you down. ok I said you could get 600 hp in a GTR with stock parts, it does require modification of the stock parts.
Also just to make it clear, I mean stock performance parts, but may require stronger parts so it doesn't blow your engine, and last but not least, I am pretty sure that the info is from a article in Modified Mag, and I know skylines have Restirictor plates becuase I know someone who took the restrictor plate out of their GTR not too long ago. Oh also I saw that article with the Nissan Skyline having 328hp also.

HellBent
12-04-2006, 12:26 PM
ok I said you could get 600 hp in a GTR with stock parts, it does require modification of the stock parts.

Also just to make it clear, I mean stock performance parts, but may require stronger parts so it doesn't blow your engine....

Kind of like a "genuine" fake Rolex...????

, and last but not least, I am pretty sure that the info is from a article in Modified Mag, and I know skylines have Restirictor plates becuase I know someone who took the restrictor plate out of their GTR not too long ago. Oh also I saw that article with the Nissan Skyline having 328hp also.

Evidently you are saying that everything you know about Skylines you read in a magazine or heard from a friend of a friend. That's not a bad start, but you should refrain from posting about technical aspects of the Skyline until after you have wrenched on one or at least read the service manual.

-AL

R.I.F. (reading is fundemental)

SkylineUSA
12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
No Restirictor plates on any of the GTRs, or GTSts I have worked on.

HellBent
12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
No Restirictor plates on any of the GTRs, or GTSts I have worked on.

Perhaps he was working on an older JGTC race car?

Maybe he could provide a part number for the rstrictor from the NISMO catalog...

-AL

SkylineUSA
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
"I know skylines have Restirictor plates"

Plural :D Which is not true :)

GTRkid
12-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi I want to get one thing straight I never said I got my info from a friend of a friend, if you read what I said, I said I had worked on one, I helped take out the restrictor plate, I also helped modify it, my uncle also helped, he is a great welder, he also modifys go karts, he has been able to make a go kart with stock but tampered with parts with a stock speed of around 40mph
go nearly 100mph with a few welding mods, he helped out with the skyline and was also able to get alot more power out of it,

mmcleo11
12-09-2006, 02:37 AM
The ECU is wired into the speedo drive gear in the gearbox, it limits the speed of every Japanese car by cutting ignition/fuel when it reaches a certain speed(around 180Km/h or 50 metres per second) I know because I have actually programmed A LOT of Skylines(and other Nissans/Japanese cars) Search the internet for a 'Speed Cut defender' to remove the 180 speed cut and it is a electronic box wired in to fool the ECU into never reaching 180Km/h road speed signal. The Nissan GTiR RNN14 Pulsar also is electronically limited to 180Km/h :)

There is definitely not restrictor plate in the R34 GTR. There are TWO air flow meters with each one feeding each of the turbos. The airflow meters have wire screens on them to stop the sensitive components inside from being damaged but from the air flow meter to the turbo inlets, there are def no air flow restrictors.

The only restrictor is in the wastegate pressure line, which limits boost to the wastegates(via bost control solenoid) to give no more than between 8~10psi depending on what rpm your at. Feel free to post a picture of ANY R34 GTR and point out where the restrictor is located in the engine bay ;)

Also, R34 GTR skylines do not need the front driveshafts removed to make them RWD only, just modify the wiring to the ATESSA 4WD transfer case. Removing the driveshafts actually makes the ATTESSA clutch packs fail but also, reduce the power output to the rear wheels as it is still spinning the 4WD transfer case. The R32 GTR's were awesome because you could pull a fuse and wire up a switch so you could change it from 4WD to RWD with a flick of a switch :D

PS: As a car magazine journalist(and mechanic) I can tell you do not believe everything you read in a magazine or see in a movie. We like to dumb it down for nOObs so they can understand things that are too complex for them to understand ;)

SkylineUSA
12-09-2006, 03:39 AM
Like I said, no restrictor plate! What mmcleo11 said is right, first hand knowledge, not going through a friend :)

mmcleo11
12-10-2006, 01:26 AM

The Skylines stock turbos cannot handle 25psi either :screwy: Also, the stock Supra turbos cannot handle 20psi either.

The skyline is not a Sedan, it is a Coupe and is actually more of a 'Supercar' as it can keep up with Ferrari 355's when in stock form. Modified and the prancing horse is coughing ;)

Removing the speed cut does not suddenly increase the power either. You cannot get 600Hp with 'stock' parts. The turbos need to be changed, the camshafts/ECU/clutch/fuel pump/injectors/exhaust need to be replaced, so I fail to see how that is 'stock' parts. Off the shelf parts yes, but not stock parts EVER.

My Step-brother has an R34 GTR NÜR which is putting out 970PS(power stroke is a japanese measure of power, 280PS = 276Hp = 206Kw) It required a massive engine rebuild to handle that much power and uses a Apexi Power FC D-Jetro as an ECU on a low boost setting as it is a daily driver :D

The Supra motor, as much as I hate Toyota does have a great engine in the 2JZ-GTE. I have seen a few examples putting out 1000Hp on stock engine internals(only new camshafts/cam gears) using a single turbo conversion(T88-34GK turbo)

MetalHeadZaid
12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
The skyline is not a Sedan, it is a Coupe and is actually more of a 'Supercar' as it can keep up with Ferrari 355's when in stock form. Modified and the prancing horse is coughing ;)
My Step-brother has an R34 GTR NÜR which is putting out 970PS
sigh...yet another person who doesnt know about the GT, GTE, GTS, GTST, GTS25 or GTS25T skylines. all of these were offered in 4 door. now that you have shown us what you know, lets see some pics of your brothers nur with your username next to them. and as for the dude claiming to work on skylines with restrictor plates, can you please shut the fuck up already? we dont care about your uncles gay go carts and we know skylines dont come with restrictor plates. if you're so sure they do, take a pic of one or give us the part number and i'll go by nissan to see if it's real.

mmcleo11
12-11-2006, 06:05 AM
sigh...yet another person who doesnt know about the GT, GTE, GTS, GTST, GTS25 or GTS25T skylines. all of these were offered in 4 door. now that you have shown us what you know, lets see some pics of your brothers nur with your username next to them. and as for the dude claiming to work on skylines with restrictor plates, can you please shut the fuck up already? we dont care about your uncles gay go carts and we know skylines dont come with restrictor plates. if you're so sure they do, take a pic of one or give us the part number and i'll go by nissan to see if it's real.

Yes, I do know about them and yes, I have worked on quite a few of them. PS: You missed one of the models ;) The R34 GT-T with the RB25DET NEO...

As this thread was started on the GTR skyline, I did omit the sedan skylines as they were not relevant. However, I should mention there was a limited edition Autech R33 GTR Sedan released in the late 90's but for all intents and purposes, the R34 Skyline was a Coupe.

I do not post pics of other peoples cars on the internet without their permission. My step-bro would never agree to it as the car is not insured against theft and the car is hardly a run of the mill skyline.

AZhitman
12-11-2006, 11:42 PM
GTRkid, you're clueless, bro.

Here's some required reading for you - www.GTRclub.org, as well as the UK Skyline site (and anything SkylineUSA types - HOWDY MAN!)

p.s. Keep the guy who welds stairwell railings away from the GT-R. :)

GTRkid
12-14-2006, 09:22 PM
This is probably the third time I say this but I have FIRST HAND experience with a Nissan Skyline, and second, if you knew my uncle you would want him to speed up your skyline, also I never said you had to take out the front driveshaft, and requires...should have stronger parts put in so you dont destroy your engine, last thing is, dont call me a n00b that doesnt know about cars, I know more about cars then most people, and know what you are talking about, oh, and read the whole thread before you tell me something I heard it from a friend when I have said I did it three times already,

MetalHeadZaid
12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
This is probably the third time I say this but I have FIRST HAND experience with a Nissan Skyline, and second, if you knew my uncle you would want him to speed up your skyline, also I never said you had to take out the front driveshaft, and requires...should have stronger parts put in so you dont destroy your engine, last thing is, dont call me a n00b that doesnt know about cars, I know more about cars then most people, and know what you are talking about, oh, and read the whole thread before you tell me something I heard it from a friend when I have said I did it three times already,

ok, not sure why you need to talk about your uncle but we understand that you claim to work on skylines, i'm not debating/caring about this. like others in this thread, I asked you to give a part number or post a pic, which you wont do. please comprehend that we WONT FUCKING BELIEVE YOU, untill you show us proof.

SkylineUSA
12-15-2006, 01:37 AM
ok, not sure why you need to talk about your uncle but we understand that you claim to work on skylines, i'm not debating/caring about this. like others in this thread, I asked you to give a part number or post a pic, which you wont do. please comprehend that we WONT FUCKING BELIEVE YOU, untill you show us proof.

Proof? There are no plates for restricting air flow in a GTR, point blank.:grinno: We all know that :)

Kid, first hand experience working on GTRs. How so? From what you write, the GTR must have been a Hot Wheel.

EDTHEMANJP
12-15-2006, 11:19 PM
GTR Kid

I'll give you a chance to prove yourself, explain exactly where was this restrictor plate and or govenor that you helped remove?

Or better yet post a picture

SkylineUSA
12-18-2006, 01:28 AM
I figured the KID would stop posting :)

mmcleo11
12-21-2006, 08:19 AM

Was that your left hand or your right hand? Did your hand fly off and hit you in the forehead?

Why on earth would you even need your uncle near a GTR with a welder? For welding your iron filled skull to the bonnet(thankfully, R34's have alloy bonnets:grinno:)

Your whole post/thread has been shot down repeatedly by people who OWN/TUNE/KNOW GTR's a LOT better than you. That makes you a GTR nOOb :p

So quick question, how would YOU turn an R34 GTR into RWD only?
Where is this restrictor in the engine bay?

SkylineUSA
12-22-2006, 11:41 AM
(thankfully, R34's have alloy bonnets:grinno:)

Just a little useless trivia, all GTRs have alloy bonnets, and front fenders (wings) :)

EDTHEMANJP
01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
What ever happened to GTR kid

mmcleo11
01-31-2007, 06:12 PM
His last activity was 2nd of January, 2007 so I assume he saw this thread and has gone off to have a cry... or he tried to dorifto his Mums Honda Civic to prove Skylines are better and put it into a tree.

GTRkid
05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, thank you for helping me with my school project,
im studing the way people respond to false information, in case your wondering I got a B+,

HellBent
05-15-2007, 02:02 AM
im studing the way people respond to false information, in case your wondering I got a B+,

To quote Mr. Mencia:

Deeeeee Dee Deeeee!!!!

-AL

EDTHEMANJP
05-16-2007, 01:17 AM

Do you own a horse farm or are you failing english?

vectorspecialist
05-16-2007, 08:26 AM
this is one hell of an entertaining thread.
u know i owned an r32 up till last summer(sorry no pics) i never even worked on the thing sad really, i probably would still own it if i did work on it.
i've seen supra's with over 1000hp on em tho, i think 1500 was the most, but i doubt nething was stock.
o and a lot of cars can keep up with a 355, my stealth tt can do that, hell in 91 wen the stealth/3000gtvr4 first came out, motor trend even stated think of it as a ferrari 348(355 wasnt out yet) for 1/4 the cost.

vectorspecialist
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM
i don`t think so !!!!!!!!!!!!

be a lil more specific, what dont you think so

Add your comment to this topic!