Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Codes returned

mike561
09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
So i took my car over to autozone last night to have it scanned. but the gentlemen there who scanned my car had a very thick accent and i dont think he spoke english very well, so i couldnt really understand the codes he told me my car read out, but he did point out this part to me and said that this is one thing that is setting off the SES light, im sure somebody can identify it for me. it also gave an evap code for the evaporator coil on the ac or something, but the AC works fine (the evaporator coil was replaced about a year ago) :banghead: so confusing heres a pic of that part though http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/pctvman/DSC04925.jpg

BNaylor
09-28-2006, 05:35 PM
EGR Valve. What is the code?

mike561
09-28-2006, 05:38 PM
you know i wish i wrote it down but he reset the light, i know it will come back on though within a matter of days with the same codes so i will have it scanned again and be sure to write them down this time, sorry i diddnt mention that before. if you can though, what do you think could be wrong with that stuff or is it hard to tell without the code?

BNaylor
09-28-2006, 05:51 PM
For EGR problems the DTC code would be beneficial. It could be the valve stuck open or closed or even a flow problem due to MAP or PCV or an electrical control problem.

On the evaporative emissions problems codes would be helpful too because it could be anything. Even a loose gas cap.

mike561
09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah i know what you mean, when the light comes back ill get it scanned again and write it down this time.

Add your comment to this topic!