Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

head unit problem!

vladlos
09-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi, I have a 91 civic hatchback. i used to have a pioneer premier 670mp head unit in my car but i got my face plate stolen so now i'm putting in a new jvc kd-g320 head unit. i am still using the aftermarket wiring harness adapter thing that connects to the stock wiring harness to use an aftermarket cd player. anyway, i wired all of my wires up correctly and accordingly and whenever i put a cd into the head unit it loads it and then quickly shuts off. and then i can eject the cd and then once it's ejected, the head unit shuts off right away. i can't control any part of the head unit and i also noticed that it is getting a constant 12v+ even when the ignition is off and when the accessory is off. i don't know what to do! could it be a blown fuse somewhere or something?

i have a red wire coming off of the wiring harness and it says "ignition switch" on it and i connected that to the red "switched 12v+" wire of the head unit. i also have a yellow wire coming off of the wiring harness that says "constant 12v+" and i connected that wire to the yellow wire coming out of the head unit that says "constant 12v+". my ground wire from the head unit is connected to the ground wire from the wiring harness.

everything worked fine with my pioneer when i had it in. and now it won't work right.

PaulD
09-27-2006, 07:36 AM
maybe the new cd player is bad out of the box ...... a little unusual these days.

pre98zetec
09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Check the fuse too. Connect the switched 12v+ coming out of the headunit to the constant 12v+ from the car and connect the constant coming out of the headunit like normal and see if the headunit comes on. If it does theres something wrong with the switched.

vladlos
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
i checked everything and i just got fed up last night so i reconnected all of the wires the way i think is right. this morning i woke up and i pulled all of my fuses and i noticed that my cigarette lighter fuse was blown. i replaced it and my headunit works perfectly fine now! thanks for the help though guys

Add your comment to this topic!