Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help me out fellas...Noise in Front End 2005 Chrysler T&C

Jack2sam
09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I recently bought a 2005 T&C from a local dealer. I spoke with the original owner who happen to use it to run accross three states so 99% highway mileage at 117,000 not a door ding one due to being onthe road constantly. Original owner 61 years of age so really no dogging the van. He worked as a sales person for oil company had oil changed ever 5000 miles an used synthetic oil. It is fully loaded touring vehicle. Thought it was a sweet deal at $9K.....(dealer wanted to get rid of it). I have noticed four things wrong with the van.
1) backup sensor doesnt work (minor)
2)airbag light on sometimes off most of time on (minor as compared to the major issue I have with it)
3)Low pitch roaring noise on right side like air in a windtunnel (minor)
4)which leads me to a noisy front end a knocking noise and car pulls to left (alignment possibly). I will replace struts if it is a very good possibility that they are bad but I don't see how driving on level high way for 117,000 mile would degrade these struts that much. I also have a 2001 dodge grand caravan with 150,000 miles on it and never have had to replace the struts. The T&C struts are not leaking and it passes the bounce test. I had it in to a fly by night national tire service franchise and they said stuts appeared tp be good. They also checked sway bar no problems. What other items could it be? Also can any one tell me how to replace the struts on this van? I believe it will be a nice vehicle once I replace the struts. Any input on the other problems would be appreciative as well.

Thank you for your time.

mishalah
09-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Duplicate post. Delete this one and read your other.

Add your comment to this topic!