Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Rodeo 3.6 4x4

HI JOHN
09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Can any one tell me how to check the 4 wheel drive to make sure it works? The green light works for sure because I replace the 4x4 switch but it does not come on when I put it on 4H or 4L. it only comes when starting the car.

Can anyone also tellme what shall I replace when I have the mechanic change my time belt. My turck has 115K.

Ramblin Fever
09-25-2006, 03:00 PM
You're getting VERY close on that timing belt, I wouldn't push past another 5k tops, personally, as it has yet to be fully determined if these 3.2L engines are interference or non-interference.

They - text book wise - are supposed to be NON-interference engines, and for most of us, it has proven to be so, but others haven't been so lucky.

When you have the timing belt done - MAKE absolute certain to do at least the minimum of replacing the -

waterpump
timing belt TENSIONER
timing belt idler adjuster
timing belt itself

The 1st two items are almost very certain to fail soon after a new belt if not all done at once.

My package cost me around $1k to have all that done, plus new crankshaft/camshaft seals (right there), coolant flush, and new radiator hoses.

HI JOHN
09-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the info, Ill make sure the mechanic changes all this parts.:cool:

Add your comment to this topic!