Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help with an electrical issue (Please..

stealth71203
09-23-2006, 08:29 PM
I have a 91 Dodge Stealth RT that I recently bought. It appears that the previous owner did have an aftermarket stereo and security system in the vehicle before he removed them. Several things in the vehicle do not work. I am not receiving battery power to the stereo from the OEM wiring harness to the stereo. The power windows, power door locks, headlight motor, inside dome light, horn, and interior lights do not work. I checked all of the fuses at fuse box near the floorboard on the driver's side. Looking at the fuses they look okay. However, I cannot say whether the fuses and fusible link under the hood are okay. Can anyone help? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Igovert500
09-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Well the first thought that crosses my mind is hte ETACS computer (Electronic Time and Alarm Control System). It controls alot of that stuff, locks, windows, pop up lights, horn (i think). Not sure if it affects the stereo though. Anyway, it is located right behind your steering wheel. Lie upsidedown on your drivers seat, with your head near your brake pedal and look up, you should see it. It's held in by 2 bolts and has 2 harnesses.

www.stealth3000gtsalvage.com

Should have one, just make sure you get it from the same generation and type of car. Probably any 91-93 DOHC NA, but double check that the serial nubmers match before you purchase one.

Linebckr49
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM
you should call a Mitsubishi/Dodge dealership and ask them for the parts number for the ETACS unit for your year model of car.

searching google, i found a few part numbers for ETACS:

MB852413
MB629054

here is an ETACS unit from a Mitsubishi Diamante http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330018566286&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=8027064498&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget . its probably similar to the one in the 3000GT/Stealth.

stealth71203
09-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. Believe it or not it was a rather simple issue. The 120A fusible link had a hairline fracture in it. It was not noticeable to any of the mechanics that saw it. It was slightly discolored but not burnt, and I decided to check very very closely. Everything lit up that was supposed to light up and work. Thanks.

Igovert500
09-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Awesome. Glad you found it

Add your comment to this topic!