Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stock Speaker ?'s 2003 GT

kamikaze_k77
09-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Just purchased a 2003 Grand Prix Gt which has simple 4 speaker system with tweeters in door. I am looking to replace both the front lower door (kick panel) speakers and the rear 6x9's. Does anyone know how to extract and replace these speakers without damaging the vehicle... I don't wanna pull on the wrong thing. Also, I wanting to replace the head unit to an aftermarket 1 din Cd player. Is there anything special I need to know before attempting this (size/wiring issues)?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

GTP Dad
09-23-2006, 07:17 PM
To remove the speakers from the doors, you need to remove the door panels which takes an special tool. They are only a few dollars at a parts store. As for the rear speakers, save yourself some hastles by removing the back seat then the seat back. The rear deck cover will come right out and give you access to the speakers without damaging the covers.

As for the radio, get a wiring kit conversion kit. This makes it very simple to change and once wired the kit just plugs in.

richtazz
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
OT add to GTP Dad's suggestion, buy a speaker wire kit ($6 at Best Buy), so you don't have to cut/splice the wires. Also, the lower seat cushion removes with two pull tabs located on each side, and the seat back requires a 10mm and 13mm socket for the 4 bolts that retain the bottom, then just lift up to disengage the tangs at the top. Two plastic panel retainers (one on each side) hold the shelf carpet in place, then slide it out to gain access to the 4 screws that hold each of the rear speakers in.

Add your comment to this topic!