Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alldata Service

NJFrank
09-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Does anyone here use it? Is it worth getting, I have the chilton book and it leaves something to be desired.

Thanks

Gizmo42
09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks to Kirill you can d/l the files for isuzus from http://foto.afn.kz/x/ but I just tried it and the server seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully it comes back up again soon.

They are very large files so it takes a while. Also its best to use a d/l manager. I used Byte Catcher for those ones.

trooperbc
09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Does anyone here use it? Is it worth getting, I have the chilton book and it leaves something to be desired.

Thanks

i've used it and liked it. however, i find using the hardcopy easier for me; but the alldata is good and the yearly sub of $25 is good, with a renew discount. you can also print out pages. the only thing for me was that the factory manual organization (which alldata is based on) can get complicated going back and forth, which i found hard to keep track of where i was...but that just might be me.

i broke down and got the factory manual$$$, so i didn't renew alldata. alldata's subscription gives you other stuff too, like all the technical service bulletins, etc.

and you won't have to worry about downloading an illegal copy from
Kazakhstan.

i agree about chilton's. haynes is slightly better, imo, but the factory stuff is the best.

for the factory hardcopy, and cd for some models, manuals go to
www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com) if you go for the helm stuff, i suggest you get the updates, too.

Rodeohell
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks

I just tried to use it and it did not have much wiring info for my 02 with a 4 cyl. The v6 stuff was there. I e-mailed and asked to supply me with the right wiring diagrams for a 4 cyl and they credited my card back and said no????

Mike :screwy:

2eyefishclaw
09-26-2006, 09:55 PM
I have used it with success and liked it

Add your comment to this topic!