97 S-10 Engine misses when warm

Extreme28
09-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Ok, I have tryed everthing I can think of to figure this one out. I have a 1997 S-10 with 168,000 miles. When I start the truck it runs great, but after it warms up it starts missing real bad. I got a DTC code of P0300 which is the random cylinder misfire. I have done a lot of work to this and I am at my breaking point. Any additional info from you guys may just save this truck. Ok now for the list of work I have done to figure this out. Oh yah 2.2 liter MFI with 5 spd trans engine code is 4 if that helps.

1.New Fuel Pump
2.New Fuel Filter
3.New Fuel pressure regulator
4.New Fuel injectors
5.Cleaned Tank and fuel lines
6.New Ignition module
7.New coil packs
8.New Plug wires
9.new spark plugs
10.New PCM
11.new oil pressure switch
12.new MAP sensor
13.new crank sensor
14.New Intake gaskets

I don't know what I have missed here guys but 2 additional codes I got to come up were a P0303 misfire detected on cylinder #3 and P1381 Manufacter controled Ignition system.

Please help if you can. I also ran a compression test when it was cold and Hot everything checked out ok on that end of it. Is there a possibilty that some how the reluctor ring could do this ? I just don't see how if it runs ok when it is cold.

Thanks for any info you can give me guys!

Extreme28
09-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Update!

I think I might have stumbled across the problem today. I decided to change the engine oil agian and add a bottle of lucas. I pulled the plug and found it was loaded with small metal shavings. I think these shaving may have been interfering with the reluctor ring and crank sensor. Or it was a drop in oil pressure. I went ahead and flushed the engine, and added the lucas with the oil and now it is running like a top agian. My theory is that the old engine is just wearing out, might be time to repower it. I will let you guys know how long I can make it live after this.

Joanofarkansas
12-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Might be a crossed wire on your plugs.

milkmonee
12-08-2006, 10:30 PM
My '96 2.2, 5 spd does the same thing. Runs like crap and gives the same code. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!